Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boyds Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    problem with going in on shipping is we all live across the country from each other, any savings would just be used to ship to each person after. The other problem is that if you go over $500 it is more red tape, this limits us to groups of 2-3 to save on shipping.

If anyone in Winnipeg wants to go in on shipping, let me know, I've been eyeing a stock for a marlin 1894 and it'd come to 215ish
    I'm in Winnipeg and need some parts. Mag catch and trigger gaurd. It would leave room still for another stock.

But is the $500 limit USD or CaD?

There's no "hidden" cost to import finished wood gun stocks from the USA (unless you consider GST a hidden cost). I've ordered several products from Boyds, and as long as your total order is under $500.00 USD, they will ship it right to your door in Canada.
    ~ShooterPHD

Check out Stockys for good wood stock options.
    ~ShooterPHD

I've ordered several stocks from Boyd's over the years; always happy with the product. UPS raped me for "brokerage fees" the one time I used them; USPS may be slightly slower but was much cheaper for me, never hit up for duty or other fees at all.

Have you ever ordered a Boyd's stock? So many choices to be made...LOP, colour of laminate (out of a couple dozen choices), type of recoil pad, engraved or not, checkered or not, type/degree of finish, possible lightweight option, the list goes on...there's no way a retailer could possibly stock an inventory of them.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

duplicate post
    Last edited by jjohnwm; 10-26-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    lots of hidden costs by ordering wood products and bringing them over the border. you'll find its rarely worth it for stocks. i'd recommend an importer
    Well, that's interesting - I just ordered a stock through Boyds; I received it in 3 weeks, didn't have any hassles at all.
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.

Same here. Trouble free.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123