Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyds Stocks

CGN Regular

Boyds Stocks

Hi PR,

Are you guys able to bring in Boyd’s Stocks? If so maybe we could put together a group order?

You can just order a stock from boyds and they ship straight to your door. Most retailers won't stock them because they are essentially custom pieces and people are picky.
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 70m4h4wk View Post
    You can just order a stock from boyds and they ship straight to your door. Most retailers won't stock them because they are essentially custom pieces and people are picky.
    lots of hidden costs by ordering wood products and bringing them over the border. you'll find its rarely worth it for stocks. i'd recommend an importer
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    lots of hidden costs by ordering wood products and bringing them over the border. you'll find its rarely worth it for stocks. i'd recommend an importer
    I don't know of anyone importing boyds stocks. Import fees and double shipping can't be much different from whatever hidden fees there are.
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Order direct. The one I got was an upgrade to a Savage 93 heavy barrel. A $99 (US) stock swap ended-up costing about $250 by the time I bought the metal components that were required. (specific to the gun, not suggesting they all need that) At the end of the day, I found that stock unusually heavy and didn't care for it..but the fit was perfect, workmanship/finish were both excellent. I've since considered having one of their stocks made in walnut.

CGN Regular
    I've ordered from Boyd's a couple times. It comes in, but takes a while and there's shipping and customs costs. But still worth it in my opinion.

The risk that a retailer or distributor takes ordering a bunch in is, if people order a Boyd's stock they typically want it **exactly** how they want it, with the checkering, finish, laminate colour, profile, and action all specific to that individual. Hard to predict what the market will want.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cwpowell View Post
    Hi PR,

Are you guys able to bring in Boyd’s Stocks? If so maybe we could put together a group order?
    Shipping a single item from Boyds is very expensive, makes sense to do a group order.

I had no issues when I ordered three 870 stocks from Boyds. They have SO many stock options that a retailer could never bring in enough variety to keep customers happy

CGN Regular
    I had a great experience with Boyds, less then two weeks to my door. No broker fees. Great service.....

CGN Regular
    The reason for a group order is people could choose their options and then PR or whoever could order.

The stock I want is $150 USD and the shipping is $64 USD +plus whatever CBSA nicks me on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast