Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: CCFR Firearms Owners March on 12Sep20 in Ottawa

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by LE303 View Post
    rogers yaho intenet home page has a headline article about the march , but most of it is an interview with poly souvant lady
    This is what happens when no wants to pay for news. You get one journalist working for the Canadian Press who writes a story and all the major news papers just run it verbatim.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    The Ottawa citizen has a good article. Except for the 800 people estimate.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 53Izzy744 View Post
    Same with cbc, no surprise there! And apparently the parliament security are as good at counting as they are keeping terrorists away from center block.
    Parliamentary security on the ground at the height of the rally estimated there was more than 3,000. Some estimates put the upper band at 5,000.

You will note in the CBC article it says "by late after" there was 800. By late afternoon it was all over. If you checked how many attendees there were by 9 pm at night you could say there were fewer than 10.

The more important number is not how many were there hours after the event, but how many were there at the peak. At best this is incompetent lazy journalism. More likely this is a deliberate act to mislead.

The real tragedy though, is that if the 230,000 people who signed the petition had put their firearms rights in front of whatever life got in their way this weekend, and attended the hill, that would have jammed all of downtown Ottawa in a crowd that would rival Canada day celebrations. If those people simply said we are staying here until you repeal, the OIC would be repealed by Monday afternoon.

Politics belongs to those who show up.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    The Ottawa citizen has a good article. Except for the 800 people estimate.
    The article was decent. The comments section is an appalling display of the power of propaganda on the average persons ability to form rational opinions.

What surprised me, that I didn't see people from Ottawa. Chat with some before and after event - didn't know about event or had different priorities.
    CSSA, CCFR, IPSC

Regardless a good day. My daughter and I went and we’re from Burlington. 5 hrs drive one way no bad. Nice to see 5000 strong

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Thanks to all that attended, representing all of us that were unable to attend

Shawn
    I went to show Rod & Tracy that I support them. They are working hard to fix this media problem and I'm happy that at least 800 people showed up to let them know we care too.
    For others that could not make it please know that your support is needed. You may have missed out in Ottawa but you can still make a difference. Share the news article. Get the message out that sport shooters are very law abiding and this Trudeau waste of time/money will not help gun crime. We deeply need gun crime control in the cities.

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    This is what happens when no wants to pay for news. You get one journalist working for the Canadian Press who writes a story and all the major news papers just run it verbatim.

You mean one "journalist" that clears her story through the PMs office, then sends it off as approved to all the outlets on the take. I didn't even know they were paying huff post, but considering they parroted the same story, they obviously are.

Generally went well.

Best part - weather was perfect, bag pipes were awesome. Whoever had that idea - bravo. Who doesn’t stop and watch a pipe band marching past?

Good parts - well attended for 2020 in COVID era on first weekend after start of schools. 99% of people were dressed normally as per CCFR instructions.

Bad parts - the CBC article was mostly about Natalie Provost being shot 6 times in 1989 from a msyogonist. FFS. Are we ever gonna get fair coverage from them???

A handful of idiots wearing empty holsters, mag pouches, body armour, and someone flying the flag upside down. This was a PR March not a protest. I took a good look at these clowns and I’ve never seen them on a service rifle shoot or range anywhere here. The guy dressed as captain Canada - I spotted him later by some bible protestors hanging out with them like he knew them. Probably one of these idiots that just goes to any protest no matter what. The young guy with the empty holster - seemed to always run in front of where the news cameras was. CTV had him for at least 5 seconds full front - it’s a miracle that kid isn’t the front page.

Biggest surprise. I bumped into a client of mine whose Cuban Canadian. He told me he grew up with guns and shooting in Castro’s Cuba. Yeah apparently private firearms were around even there. He was marching because his new AR is going to be confiscated in Canada. Imagine that. Castro had no problems with him having guns - it’s here that he can’t be trusted. For those that need some motivation to donate money to the lawsuits - there it is.
    UNPROFOR 94/95, SFOR 2001
    Member of the CCFR and CPC.
    If you are not donating $20/month to the CPC then you are not serious about owning and keeping your guns.

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlock View Post
    I just logged on and read the above. It makes me sick to see us bickering after this successful show on the Hill. The media distorted what we did and it did not matter what we wear they will continue to do so. I wore a NFA hat and got some good natured ribbing but we were standing together, againt this government of dictatorship. Please stop this bickering. We need a united front here.
    I feel a fair bit of the bickering here is either closet antis that are pissed that the march was a success, or the people that didn't go, regret it, so figure they should justify their position on why they didn't go because of a couple of colourful characters. Just ignore it and remember the reason we went was to see that there's just so many of us that feel the same way, that are ready to stand up for something, and not just sit and ##### on the internet. This was one of the most positive experiences of my life, regardless what huff post and the negative steves say. EVERYONE was friendly, happy, amicable at the march. I bumped into a guy and both of us apologized, hell I even heard the Bob and Doug McKenzie theme song. So Canadian. This march was a resounding success, don't let anyone sour it for you.