Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15252728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: CCFR Firearms Owners March on 12Sep20 in Ottawa

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    I just read the preceding After Action Remarks and need to interject:

I live in Ottawa, so my ride was walk to the bus stop after talking to the neighbour. Then bus and train and walk. I was early. For the people who traveled distances, good on you! If you couldn't travel, do something - whatever you can do in your area in support.

No news or pathetic coverage is hardly surprising. Every weekend the local TV news is dominated by some golf/walk/run/bike/gathering or other event for one charity or another. Some times that is the only things on for the first 20 minutes. There is a lot going on in Ottawa on any day, and a couple thousand people behaving themselves is not newsworthy.

No sympathetic news coverage. Well, ahem. If CGN had not gang tackled and pummelled our man Ottawa (aka Jake) so badly that he had to quit for his mental health, the reaction inside the K1A OA6 postal code (ie Parliament Hill) would have been different. A lot of people fail to understand how political Parliament Hill operates. Being friends with people who know people, and gaining their trust is a very complicated relationship. Lobbyists use their personalities to get introductions and make those conversations happen. When Jake was shredded because he couldn't reveal a precise itemized timeline, we lost one of the best sources and influencers we had. Shame on CGN!

The Integrity March was one of a dozen protests and activities on the Hill on Saturday. We weren't the only show in town. There were the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers. Including one jackaxe with a net for a mask. Two ladies had 'Trudeau For Treason' signs which had anti pedophilia slogans on the other side. The anti-Iranian Mullah protesters were quite well behaved. There were three or four guys promoting a Parliamentary recall petition. There was/is a homeless housing rights tent camp beside the Terry Fox statue. And if my ears were working, a gang of Black Lives Matter people off to the West of the CCFR march.

Image. I saw dozens of people wearing non-hunting military surplus or military styled camouflage. IMHO camouflage is always inappropriate dress when we are trying to present a rational and respectable image. Sure, now I'll get the gang tackle treatment for peoples' fashion tastes. I saw a lot MORE people who did follow the Rules of Engagement and Battle Procedure issued by CCFR - https://firearmrights.ca/en/integrity-march/

In general, I cringe every time I see people whose everyday wear is Desert Tactical coloured backpacks, tactical pants bloused into tactical boots, morale patches proclaiming everything, and ostentatiously strut their professional veteran status. As a veteran, I just don't understand why you need to keep living 'there'. (But I do want to give full props to the young veteran I saw at the march with his Afghanistan General Campaign Star pinned on his shirt.)

Finally, political Ottawa is head down trying to write (or rebut) the imminent Throne Speech. Our march wasn't even a something for them. We need to pester our MPs that the policy and process to remove 125,000+ newly prohibited firearms will rack up unnecessary dept on top of existing pandemic debt. They need to understand the totally avoidable cost of PMJT's promises to buy fickle votes from a narrow group of voters. The ridings are the battleground, even if the MPs studiously ignore unwelcome news.

Flame suit ON!
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Bar View Post
    You mean one "journalist" that clears her story through the PMs office, then sends it off as approved to all the outlets on the take. I didn't even know they were paying huff post, but considering they parroted the same story, they obviously are.
    Most news outlets would have had a choice. Send your own in house reporter to cover the event and write an independent article, or run with the article that was already written and distributed by CP.

Most newsrooms, due to decades of declining review, don't even have the journalists to send to events like this anymore. Further, 50 years ago a lot of news outlets would have refused the governments money on principle simply to avoid the appearance of a conflict. And they were able to do so because they had revenue.

So yes, today, there is one journalist, at a news agency in receipt of a big part of their 600 million dollars, that gets to write the story, and so clear are their marching orders and direction from higher that it probably doesn't even need to be cleared by Ms Telford at all.

The government probably isn't paying huffpost. The trouble is no one is paying huffpost, and so huff post will just publish whatever people give them for free.

If you want an independent free thinking media outlet to cover a story, you are going to have to put some gas in the journalists tank. Nothing good is free.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    Biggest surprise. I bumped into a client of mine whose Cuban Canadian. He told me he grew up with guns and shooting in Castro’s Cuba. Yeah apparently private firearms were around even there. He was marching because his new AR is going to be confiscated in Canada. Imagine that. Castro had no problems with him having guns - it’s here that he can’t be trusted. For those that need some motivation to donate money to the lawsuits - there it is.
    So how far did the rotten apple fall from the tree?

Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
    Finally, political Ottawa is head down trying to write (or rebut) the imminent Throne Speech. Our march wasn't even a something for them. We need to pester our MPs that the policy and process to remove 125,000+ newly prohibited firearms will rack up unnecessary dept on top of existing pandemic debt. They need to understand the totally avoidable cost of PMJT's promises to buy fickle votes from a narrow group of voters.
    NOt sure where you got the idea about 125,000 firearms. There are 103,000 REGISTERED firearms affected by the ban. The 20mm bore ban and the 10,000 J Energy ban both would likely prohibit over a million firearms each.

Two years ago, when the government was struggling with a 20 billion dollar deficeit, another 10 billion dollars for a gun back would have been a very tough pill to swallow. BUt now, with a 350 billion dollar deficit, and the government talking about making an 80 billion UBI (CERB) a permanent feature of the welfare state, 10 billion dollars starts to seem like a relatively modest price tag.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Okay, I have to ask. Who is Jake?
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Okay, I have to ask. Who is Jake?
    Jake Wright is a professional photographer who worked at The Hill Times. He posted here as Ottawa. I met him many times, and he has the personality to get people to disclose and share things. He had many good high level political staffer contacts within the departments that matter. But he was shredded by people here who didn't believe him when he warned of the under currents in Public Safety and Justice with the last government. He would have heard about the OIC long before the rest of us did, simply because of the workings and arm wrestling that goes with making decisions in government.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    So how far did the rotten apple fall from the tree?

NOt sure where you got the idea about 125,000 firearms. There are 103,000 REGISTERED firearms affected by the ban. The 20mm bore ban and the 10,000 J Energy ban both would likely prohibit over a million firearms each.

Two years ago, when the government was struggling with a 20 billion dollar deficeit, another 10 billion dollars for a gun back would have been a very tough pill to swallow. BUt now, with a 350 billion dollar deficit, and the government talking about making an 80 billion UBI (CERB) a permanent feature of the welfare state, 10 billion dollars starts to seem like a relatively modest price tag.
    From an infographic put out by CBC that was embedded in one of the stories Saturday.

Model estimate
    M4,AR10,M16,AR15 83572
    Mini 14 16859
    VZ58 11593
    M1A 5229
    Robinson 1834
    CZ Scorpion 1813
    Beretta Storm 1513
    Swiss Arms 1343
    Sig Sauer 1000

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    We showed up in Regimental strength during a government manufactured crisis and told Liberals, the three Karen's and radicalized gun grabbers enough is enough.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

I just read the preceding After Action Remarks and need to interject:

I live in Ottawa, so my ride was walk to the bus stop after talking to the neighbour. Then bus and train and walk. I was early. For the people who traveled distances, good on you! If you couldn't travel, do something - whatever you can do in your area in support.

No news or pathetic coverage is hardly surprising. Every weekend the local TV news is dominated by some golf/walk/run/bike/gathering or other event for one charity or another. Some times that is the only things on for the first 20 minutes. There is a lot going on in Ottawa on any day, and a couple thousand people behaving themselves is not newsworthy.

No sympathetic news coverage. Well, ahem. If CGN had not gang tackled and pummelled our man Ottawa (aka Jake) so badly that he had to quit for his mental health, the reaction inside the K1A OA6 postal code (ie Parliament Hill) would have been different. A lot of people fail to understand how political Parliament Hill operates. Being friends with people who know people, and gaining their trust is a very complicated relationship. Lobbyists use their personalities to get introductions and make those conversations happen. When Jake was shredded because he couldn't reveal a precise itemized timeline, we lost one of the best sources and influencers we had. Shame on CGN!

The Integrity March was one of a dozen protests and activities on the Hill on Saturday. We weren't the only show in town. There were the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers. Including one jackaxe with a net for a mask. Two ladies had 'Trudeau For Treason' signs which had anti pedophilia slogans on the other side. The anti-Iranian Mullah protesters were quite well behaved. There were three or four guys promoting a Parliamentary recall petition. There was/is a homeless housing rights tent camp beside the Terry Fox statue. And if my ears were working, a gang of Black Lives Matter people off to the West of the CCFR march.

Image. I saw dozens of people wearing non-hunting military surplus or military styled camouflage. IMHO camouflage is always inappropriate dress when we are trying to present a rational and respectable image. Sure, now I'll get the gang tackle treatment for peoples' fashion tastes. I saw a lot MORE people who did follow the Rules of Engagement and Battle Procedure issued by CCFR - https://firearmrights.ca/en/integrity-march/

In general, I cringe every time I see people whose everyday wear is Desert Tactical coloured backpacks, tactical pants bloused into tactical boots, morale patches proclaiming everything, and ostentatiously strut their professional veteran status. As a veteran, I just don't understand why you need to keep living 'there'. (But I do want to give full props to the young veteran I saw at the march with his Afghanistan General Campaign Star pinned on his shirt.)

Finally, political Ottawa is head down trying to write (or rebut) the imminent Throne Speech. Our march wasn't even a something for them. We need to pester our MPs that the policy and process to remove 125,000+ newly prohibited firearms will rack up unnecessary dept on top of existing pandemic debt. They need to understand the totally avoidable cost of PMJT's promises to buy fickle votes from a narrow group of voters. The ridings are the battleground, even if the MPs studiously ignore unwelcome news.

Flame suit ON!
    Very well said and very succinct.
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    From an infographic put out by CBC that was embedded in one of the stories Saturday.

Model estimate
    M4,AR10,M16,AR15 83572
    Mini 14 16859
    VZ58 11593
    M1A 5229
    Robinson 1834
    CZ Scorpion 1813
    Beretta Storm 1513
    Swiss Arms 1343
    Sig Sauer 1000
    Ah. Fair enough. I note the lack of estimates besides the 20mm bore and 10,000 J. Must mean they have absolutely no idea how many firearms that is going to relate to.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CLW .45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberdonuts View Post
    I can’t help but read this is about me. The internet goes undefeated yet again. That’s exactly it isn’t it? My good boy narrative. Can’t wait to tell the hoes I’ve changed.
    You may well be nice, indeed I hope you are.

But, being nice is not a reason to allow you to keep your guns.

There is no such thing as a nice, or bad, gun. They are all suitable for people to have.

Your games, nice or not, are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Whimpering and whining will get you nowhere.

If you are unable to articulate the basic truth that protection of life is the single most important reason for ensuring that people have unrestricted access to every type of firearm; so that they may use, carry, and possess what is most appropriate in their circumstances - you are doomed to a future in which use, carriage, and possession is forbidden.
    - Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.
    - All restrictions/prohibitions must be repealed.
    - Middle ground? What middle ground?