Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18283031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: CCFR Firearms Owners March on 12Sep20 in Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Explaining that really would have been a mistake.

There is no firearm that is not appropriate for Canadians to have.

Anyone who believes there is, is simply part of the problem.

As long as the idiots among us agree with the government that some firearm is unsuitable, the government will continue with their plan to ban them all.
    Great point that far too few recognize.

^^^^^^^ Exactly
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Regular
    My Son and I were up early and made the drive from Hamilton. Left just before 5 and I kicked the seat back while he drove. Junior drives like his mother because at 9:30 I woke up and we were parked. We met a bunch of great people had a late lunch and were home by 8. Had no issue with the upside down flag - an international signal of distress, and Canada truly is in trouble with the current government.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenshoe View Post
    My Son and I were up early and made the drive from Hamilton. Left just before 5 and I kicked the seat back while he drove. Junior drives like his mother because at 9:30 I woke up and we were parked. We met a bunch of great people had a late lunch and were home by 8. Had no issue with the upside down flag - an international signal of distress, and Canada truly is in trouble with the current government.
    Thanks for attending. I had family stuff and couldn't make it

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Rebel News did a great job on this report.

This was part one of many reports coming I'm sure. There were two Rebel News reporters there and several camera crews. She stated 5000 were in attendance, she even stated in her page write up that CBC lied about the actual numbers attending. CBC stated 800, we all know CBC are JT's pawns.

Thank you Rebel News and Shiela for supporting us firearms owners.....
    5,000? Should've been 2.2 million.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA. 12(2), 12(3), 12(4), 12(6.1), 12(7)..... <What???? Okay! Okay I'm dreaming. I'll probably NEVER get to join the PROHIB club.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenshoe View Post
    That's unfortunately bad information being passed around the interwebs and being twisted into something it's not. It's signal of distress for immediate danger to life - like an SOS. Using it in a protest is not a valid use of displaying it upside down.

Here are the rules of displaying and carrying the flag.

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-he...ing-rules.html

The flag is mine, it's yours, its all of ours. It's not just Justin Trudeau's.
    UNPROFOR 94/95, SFOR 2001
    Member of the CCFR and CPC.
    If you are not donating $20/month to the CPC then you are not serious about owning and keeping your guns.

I went to the march and thought it was pretty well done. The bagpipes were a nice touch. It absolutely appeared that there were much more then 800. I met 2 friends from out of town and the three of us were not almost .5% of the people there. I think the best signs I saw were the people who were just holding a white 8.5x11 piece of paper with there name and occupation on it written in black Sharpie. I think people dressed normally with their job (buisiness owner, retired public servant, farmer, electrician etc) written down comes across better for people that are unfamiliar with the issues. It also gives us a better sense of community and shows that we come from all walks of life (and are generally employed).

Although I appreciate the passion of those dressed up with mega phones or shouting it’s not really my thing. We were walking past families having lunch on patios who don’t really want to hear guys yelling about communism etc. Love the passion I just think it could have been focused better.

Anyways good job to everyone who showed up. Hopefully their is a next time for those who couldn’t. Maybe we can get another one organized and double the number and have everyone with a sign that has their occupation.

I was there with my lovely Ma out of solidarity haha we ended out at the front of the line just by luck cuz where we were standing was the direction that Rob and Tracey took to begin the march when leaving the lawn. I think the PPS estimate of 800 might have been closer when everyone was on the lawn at Parliament, but once we got going it was like people materialized out of thin air. I figured some people maybe didn't want to be packed too tightly on the Hill for COVID reasons and hung out near Elgin and Rideau. The picture that shows are march stretched out covering a few blocks of Sparks Street looks like 5000. It was great to see a turnout like that and even though the left media twisted the narrative the only way they're permitted, I don't think the march set us back any.

The signs showing the occupation were a great idea and I wish I had thought of that!
    I love not man the less, but nature more.
    Lord Gordon Byron

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Glad I made the drive! March went off without a hitch, although two things bugged me:

1) The route seemed pretty short, I thought we were gonna be marching for an hour

2) We should've marched on more roads to cause peaceful disruption... the march through the pedestrian-only area felt like a cop-out.

Here’s a good video showing the numbers

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cudwIVv_4ZA&t=20s
    CCFR, OFAH, and CPC member