Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: More Available- Pre-Order:FX-9 Semi-Auto Rifle 9mm 18.6inch Barrel in Black

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AWP View Post
    Ordered mine today! Any idea when will be the Timney AR PCC Single Stage Trigger back in stock? https://www.bullseyenorth.com/timney...urved-681-7120
    Suppliers are terrible with supplying product and info when they will be back in stock.
    Please keep checking as are inventory reflects current stock.

CGN Regular
    when did they start using 6061 aluminum instead of 7075 ???

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    when did they start using 6061 aluminum instead of 7075 ???
    Honestly, no idea.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyesports View Post
    Honestly, no idea.
    I got one of the FDE ones from you guys, I'm certain it said 7075 in description... Guess they changed it recently. These ones come with the enhanced charging handles?

Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    I got one of the FDE ones from you guys, I'm certain it said 7075 in description... Guess they changed it recently. These ones come with the enhanced charging handles?
    So 7075 is better than 6061 as gun upper or lower? 6061 is softer and easier to manufacture ?

Anyway, Google just taught me.

----------------------------------------------------------
    6061 nearly always has the edge over 7075 when it comes to fabricating the two aluminum alloy types. This is mostly due to 6061 having a lower hardness and tensile strength. The lower hardness allows it to be machined more easily than 7075. The lower tensile strength means that 6061 is easier to form than 7075.

If it did come as same as the photo on BullseyeNorth website, the new version also changes the front rail.
    From https://freedomordnance.com/product/fx-9/
    Last edited by alafly; 08-15-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Bullseye, can you confirm which version? Website of freedom ordnance shows an angled front end of the hand rail and yours showing flat. Which is it

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alafly View Post
    So 7075 is better than 6061 as gun upper or lower? 6061 is softer and easier to manufacture ?

Anyway, Google just taught me.

6061 nearly always has the edge over 7075 when it comes to fabricating the two aluminum alloy types. This is mostly due to 6061 having a lower hardness and tensile strength. The lower hardness allows it to be machined more easily than 7075. The lower tensile strength means that 6061 is easier to form than 7075.

If it did come as same as the photo on BullseyeNorth website, the new version also changes the front rail.
    From https://freedomordnance.com/product/fx-9/
    7075 is generally considered better, kinda the gold standard for AR receivers. You may find some conflicting info on which one is better for corrosion, but supposedly the US military changed milspec to 7075 after they had corrosion problems with 6061 in vietnam... I have read that the 6061 was an issue in some AR type guns, getting chewed up by moving steel parts, but that was a specific production run and in most cases I think you'll never be able to tell the difference.

Was just interesting to notice they changed billet material, all the old fx9 listings still up state 7075 so must have been recent

That just looks damn scary and dangerous, no matter what aluminum was used to build it.

Are the three other shorter versions of this banned in Canada? I couldn't find it on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by shurick View Post
    Are the three other shorter versions of this banned in Canada? I couldn't find it on the list.
    The version with a 4" barrel would be prohibited, the other 2 restricted. I'd like to get the 8" barrel version.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast