Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GLOCK Replacement Parts

send me your contact number please.

how many rds through my g17 gen 4 till i should replace recoil spring or just wait till slide starts to tell me? around 2100 at the moment.

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty01 View Post
    how many rds through my g17 gen 4 till i should replace recoil spring or just wait till slide starts to tell me? around 2100 at the moment.
    Most guys change springs out between 3-5000k but some just wait for a problem to occur such as FTF/FTE's

Glock Recommends:
    Gen3 - 2,500 - 3,000 rounds
    Gen4 & 5 - 4,500 - 5,000

It’s important to remember that racking the slide is the same as firing with regards to the RSA, so it’s not just rounds fired.

Obviously, springs are very important in the proper operation of your pistol and as they age or "tire" they can affect the operation and lead to unsatisfactory performance.
    Running worn springs my not cause malfunctions, but can cause battering and premature wear and eventual breakage. It's an inexpensive maintenance item.

Hope this helps

thanks for the answer. i know where to get a replacement when i need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Marksman View Post
    No factory Slides or Barrels. Glock in Canada will no longer bring them in for retail sales. Any requests for factory barrels must be placed directly with Glock.
    Do you have contact info for Glock Canada to enquire directly about 106mm factory barrels?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Marksman View Post
    Most guys change springs out between 3-5000k but some just wait for a problem to occur such as FTF/FTE's

Glock Recommends:
    Gen3 - 2,500 - 3,000 rounds
    Gen4 & 5 - 4,500 - 5,000

It’s important to remember that racking the slide is the same as firing with regards to the RSA, so it’s not just rounds fired.

Obviously, springs are very important in the proper operation of your pistol and as they age or "tire" they can affect the operation and lead to unsatisfactory performance.
    Running worn springs my not cause malfunctions, but can cause battering and premature wear and eventual breakage. It's an inexpensive maintenance item.

Hope this helps
    For a 19x that's getting close to 4k rounds, aside from the dual spring assembly and trigger spring, what else should I look to add to an order to be ready for eventual breakdowns. Firing pin?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234