Thread: Is there a way to bump transfer times along

Is there a way to bump transfer times along

Just got me a restricted and purchased me a dang ol fine glock 19 9mm gen 4 with the super patriotic maple leaf on the slide from shooters direct. This is the first restricted gun i have bought. I've waited around 3 or 4 days, its the weekend now, how long till i receive the transfer notification? will i receive it by email? or post? if i call in can i speed it up. I really want this gun and I am an impatient ############ lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Could take a few days or a month or longer.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Regular
    Depends where you are.
    Alberta, you will most likely get a letter in the mail in a week or two asking for proof of a range membership, once you respond, fax is quickest within a week you should have possession.
    It gets quicker once all your ducks are in a row. I've also called and asked for the certificates to be emailed, it has been done on the spot before.
    If you're in Ontario, from what I understand you can probably have a child quicker.
    Last edited by Ben_in_Canada; 08-16-2020 at 10:11 AM. Reason: me no spel gud

You can call if you want, won’t change a thing. In Quebec it can take up to 6-8 weeks because our CFO is known to drag its feet on transfers. I has some processed the same day, others that took 1 month.

Be patient, go buy some ammo and wait for it.

PS: I know that feeling of paying for something and having to wait forever to be transfered. There is no reasons this should take more than a day.
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

If you live in Ontario I can guarantee that you will learn patience. Since August 4th the Ontario CFO is working at full strength. They are currently processing transfers from the week of June 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by nitroxace View Post
    If you live in Ontario I can guarantee that you will learn patience. Since August 4th the Ontario CFO is working at full strength. They are currently processing transfers from the week of June 22nd.
    They did 4 weeks of transfers in one week, makes me hopeful for my July 29 transfer. People are right, restricted in Ontario surely teaches you patience

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    You don't say which province you are in. Here in BC, transfers on average takes less than 24 hours. Ontario and Quebec are an entirely different matter. *But* a fellow in Quebec did purchase a restricted from me a few weeks ago and that went through the next day.

A polite phone call can't hurt.

I've found the best way to speed up transfer times is to get more sleep. When you're asleep time seems to pass by much quicker. All kidding aside, call the CPFO in your province and ask them if they require any further information that you can provide. Remember to always be very polite and courteous, the people you talk to on the phone are the messengers and may not have the power to speed things up. If this is your first restricted I would expect a longer wait time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    If the powers that be, made things simple and easy, more people would get into the shooting sports.

And that's the last thing they want!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    I used do go down to the CFO's office and exert my sassy personal charm through the bulletproof glass. That worked.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes