Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco Type 97 NSR-G3 5.56mm 18.6" Non-Restricted

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sks View Post
    Its sounds exactly like a gen 2 what am I missing?
    Looks to be mlok, would've liked an AR style safety selector or at least a usable safety selector myself, but i still love all my T97s. If they made one in 7.62x39 I'd be all over it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Are these pictures of the Gen 3? Because if so:

1. The magazine release is exactly the same as the Gen 2, don't try and push "ambi" on us, yes it's physically possible to do it but it is not an ambi release and it is not useable in any comfortable fashion

2. The Gen 2 was already non-reciprocating, had a full rail, had back up irons, had a reversible charging handle and a key mod rather than M-lok rail system. It also came with a magazine

Again if those pictures are accurate the only deviation between the two rifles is the rail.

I don't mind being sold a rifle but don't sell it as something it isn't, this isn't a generation change.

The QBZ-95 has had the safety by the pistol grip for several years, we all want that, why hasn't that been added to the "Gen 3" and again why not a proper magazine release like we all wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    1. The magazine release is exactly the same as the Gen 2, don't try and push "ambi" on us, yes it's physically possible to do it but it is not an ambi release and it is not useable in any comfortable fashion
    What are you talking about? The Gen 2s absolutely has an ambi mag release that is easy to use. I know because I've used it.

The QBZ-95 has had the safety by the pistol grip for several years, we all want that, why hasn't that been added to the "Gen 3" and again why not a proper magazine release like we all wanted?
    Because the QBZ-95-1 is a completely redesigned rifle that, unlike the original QBZ-95, never had a 5.56 export model made for it. The 95-1 isn't just a QBZ with a thumb switch, every aspect of the rifle has been re-engineered. As the 95-1 is apparently already going to be phased out in favour of the QBZ-19-1, they're not going to spend any resources to re-engineer the rifle again just for a small Canadian commercial market.

I'm frankly amazed that we even got something like the Gen 2 at all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Darn, I was hoping that it had the QBZ95G style selector.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Darn, I was hoping that it had the QBZ95G style selector.
    I did as well.

My personal wishlist for Gen 3 was:
    1) AR15 style safety
    2) Reworked mag release
    3) QD sling slots (front, butt and center)
    4) Pistol grip angled more vertical and thicker

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvy View Post
    What are you talking about? The Gen 2s absolutely has an ambi mag release that is easy to use. I know because I've used it.
    It would seem to be called "Norgon style" a style which on the three I have used worked so poorly that I believed it to be a happy coincidence not a deliberately designed thing.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvy View Post

Because the QBZ-95-1 is a completely redesigned rifle that, unlike the original QBZ-95, never had a 5.56 export model made for it. The 95-1 isn't just a QBZ with a thumb switch, every aspect of the rifle has been re-engineered. As the 95-1 is apparently already going to be phased out in favour of the QBZ-19-1, they're not going to spend any resources to re-engineer the rifle again just for a small Canadian commercial market.

I'm frankly amazed that we even got something like the Gen 2 at all.
    U r absolutely right. As I can see from the pic is only side of top rail changed to m lok. And the flip iron sight might be hidden inside the top rail just like the Tavor X95 has. Other than that nothing new.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    i dont think the iron sights are included.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    It would seem to be called "Norgon style" a style which on the three I have used worked so poorly that I believed it to be a happy coincidence not a deliberately designed thing.
    It's called a "Norgon-style" because it's modeled on the Norgon ambi magazine catch for AR15s, which is the same magazine catch found on C7A2s. You can't have the catch protrude too prominently or the catch will be hit by accident if you walked around it it - which was one of the infamous problems with the British L85. They work just fine as long as you realize it's not a button, it's a lever. You press on the rear end, and it "see-saws" to disengage the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    i dont think the iron sights are included.
    In another pre-order thread, it was mentioned by a dealer that it now has integrated collapsable iron sights (like the X95's?)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast