Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Type 97 NSR-G3 5.56mm 18.6 Non-Restricted $1199.00

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri_Wolverine View Post
    1. The magazine release is exactly the same as the Gen 2, don't try and push "ambi" on us, yes it's physically possible to do it but it is not an ambi release and it is not useable in any comfortable fashion
    But it is ambi though... (same as on the gen 2 I believe, norgon style). If your not a fan of how it works thats alright but there's no need to be so hostile. I personally don't mind it but your YMMV.

2. The Gen 2 was already non-reciprocating, had a full rail, had back up irons, had a reversible charging handle and a key mod rather than M-lok rail system. It also came with a magazine
    Your correct, He was just stating all the options this rifle came with. The substantial difference with these IS the m-lok system as opposed to the key-mod. We will have to wait and see if there are any internal differences once they land.

I don't mind being sold a rifle but don't sell it as something it isn't
    We have been perfectly clear about what the rifle is expected to be like and have for features.

The QBZ-95 has had the safety by the pistol grip for several years, we all want that, why hasn't that been added to the "Gen 3" and again why not a proper magazine release like we all wanted?
    We do not have any relationship with Norinco directly and have no influence on the design process. We are not going to pretend to get into the head of the designers at Norinco, but all engineering choices are a trade offs.
    You're right I came across as hostile, my wording was poorly chosen when I said "Push" etc. So apologies there. My only if any mitigation is that I am tired of things being over sold as "game changers" "Next gen" etc. I just want honesty, Type 97 Gen 2 with MLOK rail, thats what springs to mind not a whole generation leap.

I read the item as explaining the rifle as having newer capabilities than the Gen 2, in my book one separates the new from the old when selling an upgrade not just listing it all as some unknowing people might see some aspects as new when they are not.

Having used the Gen 2 I saw that one could release a magazine from the left side, on all three rifles I used it on it was so bad and hard to use compared to the button that I believed it to be a coincidence that it could be used, another user highlighted how it is "Norgon style", I hold my hands up, I was wrong. My experience remains that it is so bad that it effectively remains right side only. But I am happy that others do not find this to be true.

Indeed you may not have a direct relationship, and indeed North Sylva might have asked and been told to bugger off. That would be fine but we never get told.

All in all I'm glad the rifles are coming in country it's great to see more Black NR rifles coming in and I'm glad you are selling them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    i do see your point, if the only change is the mlok then it shouldnt be called a G3 bcos to those who like keymod, its NOT an IMPROVEMENT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    i do see your point, if the only change is the mlok then it shouldnt be called a G3 bcos to those who like keymod, its NOT an IMPROVEMENT.
    That's like saying switching from HDDVD to Bluray is "not an improvement" because you bought a whole bunch of HDDVD's.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

GunNutz
    this case contains more holes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar

Thumbs up

They will sell. there's really nothing in this price range for 223.
    I have owned the Gen 1 and gen 2 both worked fine. Sure its not an AR but is a cool semi that could be.., and has been used for 3 gun.
    The ones I had seemed to be built well and there was no "premature wear" found any place, ..unlike a lot of other new black rifles that recently hit the market.
    Its nice that its short and Non restricted.
    well thats my 2 cents.
    Last edited by lone ranger; 08-30-2020 at 11:26 PM.
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    That's like saying switching from HDDVD to Bluray is "not an improvement" because you bought a whole bunch of HDDVD's.
    lol... i dont get the comparison. im talking about an accessory, you talking about an entire high tech system. if M10X switch from magpul stock (which i LIKE, my opinion) to another manufacturer stock, do they call it the next generation? really?
    Last edited by Curtton; 08-31-2020 at 02:51 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    lol... i dont get the comparison. im talking about an accessory, you talking about an entire high tech system. if M10X switch from magpul stock (which i LIKE, my opinion) to another manufacturer stock, do they call it the next generation? really?
    https://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/0...at-nswc-crane/

The US government tested both and MLOK was objectively better in basically all categories.
    When there are competing standards for something, one usually ends up just dying off. It sucks if you bet on the wrong horse, but that's how it goes.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

The US government tested both and MLOK was objectively better in basically all categories.
    When there are competing standards for something, one usually ends up just dying off. It sucks if you bet on the wrong horse, but that's how it goes.
    That's an interesting read, in the link. When I had heard the original decision, it was MLOK won everything, but the margins were made to seem very close, so consumers shouldn't concern themselves too much and get what's available/cheaper.

Those numbers aren't close at all! ((so the original article I read a few years back was probably from someone trying to get rid of all their keymod))

I didn't say I LIKED them and I didn't say I bet on them (keymod), you did. Lets stick to the subject and answer my question. Does changing an accessory qualify as the next generation?

CGN Regular
    I didn't say I LIKED them and I didn't say I bet on them (keymod), you did. Lets stick to the subject and answer my question. Does changing an accessory qualify as the next generation?
    Yes, if you own a massive arms manufacturing business and decide it does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast