Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restricted Barrel for Walther PPK?

We convert PP platform pistols all the time. Call us for pricing and turn times.

Converting a .32 pistol to a .380 pistol can be done but we don't do it anymore. There is lots more work involved than just changing the barrel in order to have a reliable gun when it's all done. This is why the .32's are cheap and the .380's are not. lol
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

.32 and .25 calibre are prohibited in Canada except 32 S&W if authorized for "target shooting" such as the Walther GSP or Pardini target pistols. Thats the quick explanation...
    UT INCEPIT FIDELIS SIC PERMANET / Loyal She Began, Loyal She Remains

Quote Originally Posted by Thorsbear View Post
    I didn't know we even had banned ammo in Canada. Sorry, I thought we would only need a barrel swap.
    So sad to see such beautiful guns stuck in prohib. With the added cost to convert to a larger caliber I don't think it would be feasible.

I would pay $600-800 to convert to restricted but I dont think that would cover the gunsmithing cost. I was just thinking it would be a barrel swap and reclassification cost.
    The ammo is not banned, just the gun that shoots it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorsbear View Post
    Thanks, I'll need to convert the 32acp to 38acp then.
    NO, .380ACP, different cartage .38 acp is like a weak 38 super.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    We convert PP platform pistols all the time. Call us for pricing and turn times.

Converting a .32 pistol to a .380 pistol can be done but we don't do it anymore. There is lots more work involved than just changing the barrel in order to have a reliable gun when it's all done. This is why the .32's are cheap and the .380's are not. lol
    What calibre do you convert the .32 versions to if not .380? 30 Reid?

Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    What calibre do you convert the .32 versions to if not .380? 30 Reid?
    We used to convert them to .380. It is not just a matter of swapping in a longer barrel though and it can be finicky to get to work 100% all the time. Hence we don't do it anymore, too much pain for too little gain ($). Find a .380 and get us to make a longer barrel. Nothing else needs changing and they work just like the originals.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    We used to convert them to .380. It is not just a matter of swapping in a longer barrel though and it can be finicky to get to work 100% all the time. Hence we don't do it anymore, too much pain for too little gain ($). Find a .380 and get us to make a longer barrel. Nothing else needs changing and they work just like the originals.
    Can you do Walther PP in 22?
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    Can you do Walther PP in 22?
    No. .380 ONLY.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

CGN Regular
    Dlask Arms: I was wondering if you can rebarrel at 1934 Beretta to make it Restricted? They were in .380ACP originally.
    If you love your job, you will never work a day in your life. Carpe Diem.

GunNutz
    I have a PPK I need to install a longer barrel to make it restricted class from the prohib class now. Is this a service you offer?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast