Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restricted Barrel for Walther PPK?

Restricted Barrel for Walther PPK?

Hello Dlask,
    With many prohibited Walther PPKs around in Canada would you be willing to build some 4.2" or 106mm replacement barrels so that the guns could be reclassified as restricted.

I want a PPK but cannot own as I do not have a 12.6.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsbear View Post
    Hello Dlask,
    With many prohibited Walther PPKs around in Canada would you be willing to build some 4.2" or 106mm replacement barrels so that the guns could be reclassified as restricted.

I want a PPK but cannot own as I do not have a 12.6.
    The vast majority of PPKs are chambered 7.65 (32 ACP) which also makes them prohibited so a longer barrel alone would not get them into the restricted class. If the barrels were 106+ mm AND chambered in another calibre (.380 would be the obvious choice) then it would be doable. I believe the .380 cartridges will fit in the .32 mags but don't know if that will create feeding problems. I'm also guessing that the extractor might need some tweaking as the rim on the .380 is bigger (.374 vs. .358 for the 32 ACP).

It's definitely something that could be done but cost is the issue. If it was just a straight barrel swap and nothing else then maybe the cost to do a run a barrels would be reasonable if there was enough demand. If additional gunsmithing is required you're probably looking at $300-400 to convert a $400 prohib gun to restricted and I don't think a lot of people would be willing to pay that much.
    Last edited by ted_dent; 08-21-2020 at 02:37 PM.

I didn't know we even had banned ammo in Canada. Sorry, I thought we would only need a barrel swap.
    So sad to see such beautiful guns stuck in prohib. With the added cost to convert to a larger caliber I don't think it would be feasible.

I would pay $600-800 to convert to restricted but I dont think that would cover the gunsmithing cost. I was just thinking it would be a barrel swap and reclassification cost.

CGN Regular
    There are services available within the country, but I won't drop other dealer names in Dlask's forum without their go ahead.
    Are you familiar with The Shmoo, Mr. Fisher?

I just found a post regarding using .30reid ammo.

That could work but I am not a reloader (yet). I respect Dlask as well and am a customer of theirs. They do great work so I thought to ask here

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsbear View Post
    So sad to see such beautiful guns stuck in prohib.

I would pay $600-800 to convert to restricted but I dont think that would cover the gunsmithing cost. I was just thinking it would be a barrel swap and reclassification cost.
    Putting a restricted barrel on a PPK makes them beyond ugly, IMHO!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    Putting a restricted barrel on a PPK makes them beyond ugly, IMHO!
    Better than deactivating them...

The pp series look better with the longer barrel I think they are already like 3.8 or 3.9 inches I also would be interested in this service for a place in .380 then thread it with a little fake silencer and viola you have a James Bond gun

CGN Regular
    Bersa Thunder 380 costs about $400 and looks as good
    Swiss Arms PE-90. Owner

Where did you get the ArmaLaser from? I'm interested in getting one but not sure if they are stocked in Canada.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast