Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Remington 700CPR chambered in .223 in Canada, we may never see another includes case

Nice, what does that weigh all in?
    I aim to misbehave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    With the Leupold Ultralite compact 3-9x33mm scope - PRW low rings and loaded with 5 150gr rounds in a 5 round mag it is 8.8lbs weighed with my digital Berkley fish scale.

I bought it evening of Oct 26 2020 mounted the scope zeroed it early the next morning shot a grouse with it then on Nov 2 I shot a blacktail buck at appr 100 yards a week later I shot a second blacktail buck with it at 140 yards.

I really like it my interest is it fits into a small rifle scabbard I mount on the handlebars of my Kawasaki KLX250s dual sport motorcycle.

Last edited by Camp Cook; 01-17-2021 at 01:15 AM.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Guess I'll have to scrape the EE for one... Thanks Camp Cook.
    I'm a displaced redneck, stuck in a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    With the Leupold Ultralite compact 3-9x33mm scope - PRW low rings and loaded with 5 150gr rounds in a 5 round mag it is 8.8lbs weighed with my digital Berkley fish scale.

I bought it evening of Oct 26 2020 mounted the scope zeroed it early the next morning shot a grouse with it then on Nov 2 I shot a blacktail buck at appr 100 yards a week later I shot a second blacktail buck with it at 140 yards.

I really like it my interest is it fits into a small rifle scabbard I mount on the handlebars of my Kawasaki KLX250s dual sport motorcycle.

Camp cook where abouts on the.island are you there

I'm on the mainland = Fraser Valley

Pic of motorcycle is near Kamloops
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

That rifle just looks out of scale in that picture. Either that's an awful small rifle, or a really big jack rabbit.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

Its a coastal blacktail they are not much bigger than a jack rabbit or my dogs mind you my dogs weigh 130 - 140lbs each.

This is my 2019 5 year old mature blacktail buck yes two points are the genetic norm on my little mtn.

<")))><

Here are two of them with the 2020 buck the other one is off to the left pouting I smacked his nose to get him to stop licking the deer.

I'm guessing the deer was max 150lbs glad it wasn't bigger I had to drag it uphill for 150 yards to get to the access trail.

Last edited by Camp Cook; 01-17-2021 at 07:08 PM.
    <")))><

Amazing setup !

I was looking to do something similar with my CRF 250L Rally and a 12.5" 870.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234