Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of powder in stock! 1lb 4lb and 8lb

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar

Lots of powder in stock! 1lb 4lb and 8lb

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    HODGDON VARGET 1 LB - GP-HV-1LB $69.99 CAD

Yikes ! $69.99 a LB with a 77 Cent dollar ! WTF ? RJ
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by remington jim View Post
    HODGDON VARGET 1 LB - GP-HV-1LB $69.99 CAD

Yikes ! $69.99 a LB with a 77 Cent dollar ! WTF ? RJ
    Crazy high, 45 cent for powder per round of 308 win.

To many greedy little fingers in the supply chain...

69.99 a pound. Price gouging at its finest. Remember the businesses that gouged during these supply issues, once the dust settles you know who to shop with, and who not to.

Edit- also see CFE Pistol for 409$ for a keg...wow. x-reload, and 2 of my local shops are charging 279$ a keg.....

Quote Originally Posted by Archie_james_c(2.0) View Post
    69.99 a pound. Price gouging at its finest. Remember the businesses that gouged during these supply issues, once the dust settles you know who to shop with, and who not to.

Edit- also see CFE Pistol for 409$ for a keg...wow. x-reload, and 2 of my local shops are charging 279$ a keg.....
    They won't be after they get new stock... but that's a great illustration of how bad the prices are going to be in a little bit.

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    We understand that everyone is apprehensive about the pricing. With the large spike in US demand we have had a difficult time securing powders through our regular suppliers. As a result we have been forced to go to third party exporters to obtain these powders. Unfortunately this comes with increased costs. We thought it was better to provide the consumer with the option of buying it as opposed to no option at all. Hopefully the insane demand in the states will decrease soon and supply to Canada will return to normal.

Is there any chance you guys will have Reloder 16 back in stock sometime soon?

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    Quote Originally Posted by Western Metal Inc View Post
    We understand that everyone is apprehensive about the pricing. With the large spike in US demand we have had a difficult time securing powders through our regular suppliers. As a result we have been forced to go to third party exporters to obtain these powders. Unfortunately this comes with increased costs. We thought it was better to provide the consumer with the option of buying it as opposed to no option at all. Hopefully the insane demand in the states will decrease soon and supply to Canada will return to normal.
    Thank you for Defending your Price ! I GUESS it will depend on how Needed ?? it is to pay the price ! Varget is just NOT that Valuable to me. RJ
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

CGN Regular
    Price is the price and at the end of the day the wholesaler set the retailers final price due to their costs. I ran in to a similar issue at my business when I tried helping out a good customer who wanted heavy duty chemical resistant gloves for his business. Price per box of 100 was always $19.50 and just a few weeks ago I went to order 3 boxes and the price was $32/box my cost with a suggested retail of nearly $40/box. Ok these are not cheap quality gloves to start with, but marking it up that much to the retailer is just insane. I’ve known my supplier for nearly 20 years now and their costs were insane and lucky to make a couple bucks when selling them to my business. It’s not the little guys price gouging, it’s the corporations doing their business 101 of selling at the maximum inflated prices. Just look at shark tank and dragons den, most of those yahoos build everything off shore and sell their $10 cost item at $79.99. Really don’t understand all the greed in this world, I run my business at par every year. I set my prices based on how much I need annual to pay my operating expenses at my business and pay myself less than what I’d make working for someone. As a business owner there are perks and tons of write offs so no I don’t need to be greedy with a high salary. The only thing I can’t control is my parts costs, but labour is up to me. Sucks paying top dollar for stuff, but this is the world we have built. Luckily I stocked up on a few 8 pounders months ago, but I do feel everyone’s pain.
    This all reminds me of the housing market we built, continuously bidding on homes way above market value and than wonder why home prices are so steep. As long as there are people willing to pay steep prices than the greedy corporations and some individuals will continue to inflate costs and that goes for everything in life, including our government that doubled my carbon taxes from 20% last year to over 40% this year at my small business. Guess what happens thanks to the liberals? I had to raise my prices to break even and not run below par.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    As Paul Ryan once said: if you're too poor, make more money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast