Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ++Oct 20/22 UPDATE++ 9 inch Carbon Fiber Takedown Barrels Anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    HA! Yeah. My "internet-fu" isn't very good after this many days in the woods. Ordered, hopefully I added the right rail and compensator for it.

Quote Originally Posted by trigger'06 View Post
    A Tuff-22 takedown with a 12.5" would be the bee's knees.
    We have had 12.5' TD barrels for a while now in the factory contour. Found here :

https://dlaskarms.com/product/dlask-...2-takedown-ss/
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Too bad there isn’t one for the Ruger PCC. That would be fun. And restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    I'd have thought the whole purpose of a takedown was to be able to store the firearm broken-down, and that there was little point to shortening either half past the shortest you could get them both? With the 26" rule, yes, I could see wanting to get close to 13" either half, but going to a 9" barrel seems more than you can practically use.
    You’d be surprised. ��. I’ve had one of their 9” barrels on a regular 10-22 for years. Brother-in-law laughed at it when he first saw it. He quit laughing when I started dropping gophers at 80 yards with no problem. The only reason the BC crowd wants 12.5 is because their hunting regs preclude use of any gun with a 12” or under barrel. They get shafted with the Mare’s Leg as well.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

CGN Regular
    A 12.5” threaded into a tx reciever, and might as well shoot 22 mag also
    Dream rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    You selling the rifle? I'll take one of the top picture please. PM me ill swing by and pick one up for sure.
    Don't miss... I won't...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    You’d be surprised. ��. I’ve had one of their 9” barrels on a regular 10-22 for years. Brother-in-law laughed at it when he first saw it. He quit laughing when I started dropping gophers at 80 yards with no problem. The only reason the BC crowd wants 12.5 is because their hunting regs preclude use of any gun with a 12” or under barrel. They get shafted with the Mare’s Leg as well.
    Yes, I understand the motivation for a short barrel if you're building a just-over-26" gun with a decent length of pull back at the stock end, and that leaves you needing not a lot of inches out front. That's a fun gun, and quite handy too!

But what I'm questioning is that in a takedown. All the above applies when it's assembled, but for minimum storage length you're breaking it down and the back half from the stock to receiver is probably the part that has to be a certain length to cover your LOP, so a front half the same length makes sense and doesn't make the package any longer and gives you some sight radius. I guess I'm more interested in how compact a package a takedown makes broken down than in what it works out to assembled. And a really short barrel might even force the back half to be longer to keep the assembled thing up past 26" and that seriously unbalances the whole takedown concept.

Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    Yes, I understand the motivation for a short barrel if you're building a just-over-26" gun with a decent length of pull back at the stock end, and that leaves you needing not a lot of inches out front. That's a fun gun, and quite handy too!

But what I'm questioning is that in a takedown. All the above applies when it's assembled, but for minimum storage length you're breaking it down and the back half from the stock to receiver is probably the part that has to be a certain length to cover your LOP, so a front half the same length makes sense and doesn't make the package any longer and gives you some sight radius. I guess I'm more interested in how compact a package a takedown makes broken down than in what it works out to assembled. And a really short barrel might even force the back half to be longer to keep the assembled thing up past 26" and that seriously unbalances the whole takedown concept.
    Packed up its much narrower at the top of the action, but maybe that's splitting hairs.

I've been running a 9" on a backpacker stock for a couple years now, it's my go to "toss it in the backpack" gun for gophers and plinking. I like it so much so that I've also done a complete swap out for VQ internals to rival my other 10/22's.

It's amazingly balanced and quick to shoulder. The post I had earlier was because we are building my dad a very similar gun. So much fun!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Is that rail reversible or does it only attach one way?
    Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by lwing View Post
    A 12.5” threaded into a tx reciever, and might as well shoot 22 mag also
    Dream rifle
    Ooooooh, good one. I might make myself something like that.....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”