Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ++Oct 20/22 UPDATE++ 9 inch Carbon Fiber Takedown Barrels Anyone ?

++Oct 20/22 UPDATE++ 9 inch Carbon Fiber Takedown Barrels Anyone ?

Yup, you read right. We have just finished the first few 9 inch Ruger Takedown barrels. Overall length of the rifle in a Magpul Backpacker stock is 26.5" ! Perfect little camping / truck / backpacking rifle. These are not quite ready for sale yet so please don't send emails or call for them. Once we are ready I will update this post and list them on the website for sale.

Shown is the rifle both with just a thread protector (26.5") and with our XB-5 linear compensator (28"). These will only be in a blued version and the MSRP will run you about $339.99 + tax for the barrel itself. Thread protector and XB-5 and Picatinny rail sold separately.

Name:  cap.jpg
Views: 4228
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  xb5.jpg
Views: 4284
Size:  127.8 KB
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Look nice. Like the background.
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

CGN Regular
    Very cool! Any word on a barrel block/attachment parts, or will we need to reuse those from an existing Ruger Takedown model?

Can we see a picture with it apart in that magpul stock?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sun_and_Steel_77's Avatar
    Looks good, but please consider making a 12.5 inch version as well for us British Columbians who wish to legally hunt small game.
    Last edited by Sun_and_Steel_77; 09-09-2020 at 02:24 PM.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural21 View Post
    Very cool! Any word on a barrel block/attachment parts, or will we need to reuse those from an existing Ruger Takedown model?
    We will get there, one step at a time. Once those parts are done and ready to sell there may be a full Takedown rifle not too far away...

I was curious about the weight so I put it on our sorta accurate scale : 1.9 Kg. / 4.2 lbs. That is the complete rifle including the factory Ruger box mag. (unloaded)
    Last edited by Dlask Arms; 09-09-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Why would this not be legal?

UGH. NM. I found it in the regs, oddly, not in the section on what you can hunt with, or what is illegal, stating that any firearm must have a barrel 305mm or longer. (Page 17, Legal Hunting Methods)

I'm new to hunting and I frequently feel like giving up on it because there are so many rules!
    Last edited by BabySeal; 09-09-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_and_Steel_77 View Post
    Looks good, but please consider making a 12.5 inch version as well for us British Columbians who wish to legally hunt small game.
    This^^

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sun_and_Steel_77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    I'm new to hunting and I frequently feel like giving up on it because there are so many rules!
    Roger that, its certainly a heavy regulated game unless ,of course,you are a status indian.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

CGN frequent flyer
    I'd have thought the whole purpose of a takedown was to be able to store the firearm broken-down, and that there was little point to shortening either half past the shortest you could get them both? With the 26" rule, yes, I could see wanting to get close to 13" either half, but going to a 9" barrel seems more than you can practically use.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast