Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313233343536373839404142434555 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenosha Call of Duty pmags 15.99USD each

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    If Britain had just stayed home and let Germany bomb Poland, oops I mean Holland, oops I mean Belgium, oops, I mean France, oops I mean Britain, then maybe they wouldn't have been attacked.
    Your comparison is way off. Maybe if the BLM movement was raiding people's houses, dragging people out of their homes and executing them, firebombing entire neighborhoods, drive by shootings and mass murder by the BLM protestors. Then yes your comparison would be accurate. Until then it's exaggerated.

And for the people saying "he's too young to do what he did," and those of you comparing him to a 17 your old soldier (our grandfather's) going off to fight the Nazis for freedom were old enough. Well those were 17 year olds trained by professionals before being sent off. So let's not exaggerate this.

Kid defended himself, yes. Were these guys trying to uprehend him for the first shooting, thinking he was the bad guy? Who knows. Kid left the house illegally caring a rifle. That's the big problem. Then the shooting is another. He did good, he did wrong also. Just a bad situation. Kid better thank god this was all caught on tape from the multiple locations. That's the only thing that will save his ass. It's what made this a massive political and nationwide case that will make it in his favor possibly. Without the tapes it would just be a shooting, he would be charged and that would be the end of it.
    Last edited by jonny360; 09-14-2020 at 12:07 PM.

I agree with many here that he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Not because he was out "looking for trouble" but I see the timeline as:

1. incident where police shoot a person
    2. riots ensue
    3. a 17 year-old goes out to "protect" and ends up shooting 3 people

So what confuses me is if the police were doing their job during the initial shooting incident, and this 17 year-old supports them, then why not let them do their job and let them (the police) keep the streets safe, no matter what is going on, i.e. rioting?
    You don't really support someone or a group of people, when you disregard their advice (stay home) and try and do their jobs for them, in the manner you see fit.

Now if he was at home, defending his family and property, it would be a different discussion.
    A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich the Butcher View Post
    I agree with many here that he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Not because he was out "looking for trouble" but I see the timeline as:

1. incident where police shoot a person
    2. riots ensue
    3. a 17 year-old goes out to "protect" and ends up shooting 3 people

So what confuses me is if the police were doing their job during the initial shooting incident, and this 17 year-old supports them, then why not let them do their job and let them (the police) keep the streets safe, no matter what is going on, i.e. rioting?
    You don't really support someone or a group of people, when you disregard their advice (stay home) and try and do their jobs for them, in the manner you see fit.

Now if he was at home, defending his family and property, it would be a different discussion.
    The real problem is that local police are not allowed to do their job!
    I think that the logical solution is very simple:
    * sanction elected officials ordering police officers to stop enforcing law and order
    * sanction any police officer not doing his job
    * higher level of government needs to step him and take over

This means that:
    1) if a city's elected officials don't do their job, the state government should intervene
    2) if the elected state officials are not doing their job, the federal government should intervene
    3) if the elected federal officials are not doing their job, only then should armed citizens consider intervening

I don't want unsupervised 17 year olds taking life and death decisions on the streets!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
    * sanction elected officials ordering police officers to stop enforcing law and order

This means that:
    1) if a city's elected officials don't do their job, the state government should intervene
    2) if the elected state officials are not doing their job, the federal government should intervene
    3) if the elected federal officials are not doing their job, only then should armed citizens consider intervening

I don't want unsupervised 17 year olds taking life and death decisions on the streets!
    Great points. Give the police the tools, and resources they need to do their jobs.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mcorbei3 View Post
    Great points. Give the police the tools, and resources they need to do their jobs.
    But there is no guarantee that he would have stayed home. None of us were in his "head" to know what his rationale was, so even if the police were given the tools and resources, what stops someone from thinking it's not enough and they need to take matters into their own hands, and make public safety decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny360 View Post
    Your comparison is way off. Maybe if the BLM movement was raiding people's houses Neighborhoods?, dragging people out of their homes cars? and executing them beating them to death/executing at point blank range with a handgun?, firebombing entire neighborhoods this literally happening..., drive by shootings and mass murder by the BLM protestors. Then yes your comparison would be accurate. Until then it's exaggerated.

And for the people saying "he's too young to do what he did," and those of you comparing him to a 17 your old soldier (our grandfather's) going off to fight the Nazis for freedom were old enough. Well those were 17 year olds trained by professionals before being sent off. So let's not exaggerate this.

Kid defended himself, yes. Were these guys trying to uprehend him for the first shooting, thinking he was the bad guy? Who knows. Kid left the house illegally caring a rifle. That's the big problem. Then the shooting is another. He did good, he did wrong also. Just a bad situation. Kid better thank god this was all caught on tape from the multiple locations. That's the only thing that will save his ass. It's what made this a massive political and nationwide case that will make it in his favor possibly. Without the tapes it would just be a shooting, he would be charged and that would be the end of it.
    Jonny, I dont intend this to be snarky, or disrespectful, but almost every example you listed was directly analogous, and reinforced my point.

In the broader scope of my comparison, the point is that, short of them completely destroying the system and replacing it in their own image, these people will not stop. Unless someone stands up and says, "NO." It will continue.

Make no mistake. Kyle was not attacked because he was carrying a rifle. He was attacked because he was standing between the rioters, and their target for destruction. Between peace, and chaos. He was attacked because he said NO.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 09-14-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexF View Post

This means that:

Just to play Devils advocate, let's look at that from a Canadian perspective:
    The federal government bans our legal guns. Local police don't enforce confiscation from legal gun owners. The Provincial police don't enforce confiscation from legal gun owners...now should the federal government have the right to have the RCMP enforce a nationwide confiscation? What if the federal government dumps a ****ton of money to provide the RCMP with the resources to achieve this goal? Now we have well funded federal enforcement, ready to do their "job".

extremely based

Hello, based department?