Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A cost effective lightweight chassis for the Ruger American Ranch rifle coming soon

Oof that's a tall order at 1k CAD plus tax and shipping for the chassis. I think I suddenly decided I like the original FDE stock a lot more lol. That being said thank you IRG for bringing in another option for the people who can afford it.

CGN Regular
    These are cheap rifles ln need of a cheap stock option. I think you missed the mark. Nice stock though.

Regardless of differences... title is misleading saying it’s cost effective when the price says otherwise.. the rifle is under $800CAD with most stock options available around $500CAD.. vs roughly $1062CAD without the grip plus import/shipping.. not very cost effective.

On the flip side it is a really nice chassis! Appreciate you bringing it in and making it available as another option to us commie run kanadians!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    I was expecting $500 or less, not spending $1000 on a stock for what is really a $500 rifle (Yes I know they usually go for around $700 but they should be less).
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    These are a little different. these chassis includes the folding rear stock option, the rear stock assembly as well as the anti cant shroud.
    what is the weight of the bare rifle with mag in chassis?

Original post said it would be lightweight, so are we in the 7lb or less range?

I have both mdt lss chassis and magpul hunter rugers. Looking for something lighter to put the action in
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Looking for something lighter to put the action in
    I would be very surprised if you found anything lighter than the factory stock. It's about as light as you can get. No adjustable ergos, flexes, cheap...

But definitely light.

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    I would be very surprised if you found anything lighter than the factory stock. It's about as light as you can get. No adjustable ergos, flexes, cheap...

But definitely light.
    No reason why a chassis in these price ranges could not be as light or lighter than factory using the right materials.

If the original stock had better ergonomics, I wouldn't be looking to change it.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    No reason why a chassis in these price ranges could not be as light or lighter than factory using the right materials.

If the original stock had better ergonomics, I wouldn't be looking to change it.
    Theres a lot of reasons it can't be as light as the factory stock.

Material is one. You're not going to find a cost efficient metal or alloy weighs less than plastic.
    Ergonomics is the other. To add adjustments is to add mechanical pieces, which add weight.

Quote Originally Posted by ddekeyser View Post
    Theres a lot of reasons it can't be as light as the factory stock.

Material is one. You're not going to find a cost efficient metal or alloy weighs less than plastic.
    Ergonomics is the other. To add adjustments is to add mechanical pieces, which add weight.
    The price for this chassis is not cost efficient, so it better be lighter than magpul or mdt's options considering the increased price point. That is why I said 7lb.

Mdt and magpul are just under 8

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    What the Ruger American rifles need is a zytel canoe paddle stock like the old Ruger M77 mk2.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast