Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Integrity March 2020 - Thanks to All Who Came!

Business Member Rep

Integrity March 2020 - Thanks to All Who Came!

When we headed out for Ottawa from Waterloo Region, we didn't really know what to expect. Having attended the rallies in 1994 and 1998 with family, I knew what could happen when the Canadian Shooting Sports Community sets a date to gather. But, during a pandemic and a time of financial hardship for many who have been hit hard by shutdowns and a slowing economy, I was setting my sights low - expecting maybe 1000 members of the Canadian Shooting Sports Community to gather.

Boy was I surprised.

Forget the media reports that have stated 800. If they came to that number based on half an hour before the scheduled time of 1pm, then it would be appropriate, since that's probably close to how many were on The Hill when I arrived.

Name:  IMG_6373.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  103.2 KB

The crowd really started to fill out as 1pm approached.

Name:  IMG_6374.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  106.4 KB

Caught up with Dean, who was as taken back by the size of the gathering crowd as I was.

Name:  IMG_6375.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  111.5 KB

The CCFR supposedly had 2000 wristbands ready for attendees. By the time I arrived, they were all gone. The crowd kept growing even past when Tracey Wilson and Rod Giltaca addressed everyone before the march started.

And then...we walked a 1.5km loop, which included Sparks Street and back to the Hill.

Name:  IMG_6377.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  109.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6384.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  138.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6406.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  147.0 KB

Here is the group arriving back on Parliament Hill. At this point, there were still people on Sparks Street.

And, of course, even though the CBC initially stated that the CCFR didn't respond to an interview request, here is Tracey Wilson being interviewed by the CBC.

Name:  IMG_6391.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  116.7 KB

Many thanks to the CCFR Volunteers, Tracey Wilson, Rod Giltaca and all who make the trek to Ottawa to represent yourselves and all who could not attend. It was a fantastic day and we are re-energized after seeing so much enthusiasm from our community for our sport.

We're here to serve you at Select Shooting Supplies. Shop online, or in store, where we'll be happy to meet you.

And don't forget - this march was just one tool in the tool box. The fight is far from over. Visit the CCFR's Donation Page to donate towards the legal challenge, right now.

Can anyone find a video of the interview made with CBC at the end ?
    Not necessarily from CBC as I don't think we'll ever see their footage, but if anyone else has a recording of it. Please let me know through link or PM if you have the file. I would like a copy of that interview for reference.
    Also nice to see you guys at the march, thanks for coming out to show support.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PWear 57's Avatar
    Thanks a lot for the post and the pictures.
    It looks like it was a huge success.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled"
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left"
    CCFR Member

Awesome turnout, was watching peoples live streams as I wasn't able to cross the country to be there.

CGN Regular
    Fantastic! Thank you to everyone who attended. Regrettably, I didn't as my wife just had our 5th baby and I am 4000 kms away. With Covid restrictions I couldn't afford to quarantine after the trip.

I know many great people who wanted to attend, but had similar family situtations. I wish we all had the luxury of the left - many don't work and get by on government handouts - so they have all the time in the world to protest.

And Bill Blair said we are dangerous?

I loved th Lazy and dishonest poster, does anyone know where I can buy one? I would love to put this on my front lawn.

Can the CCFR do that Bill Blair LAzy and Dishonest bill board campaign?

Great pictures, how did you get the arial?
    Last edited by celichi; 09-14-2020 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling

CGN frequent flyer
    if you want to send me a full resolution aerial I'd be happy to do a real head count, I missed the march but am happy to support. DM if interested.
    CCFR Member

Business Member Rep
    Still uncertain where the aerial came from. Borrowed that one from the CCFR Facebook group.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectRyan View Post
    Still uncertain where the aerial came from. Borrowed that one from the CCFR Facebook group.
    Rcmp snipers, obviously

Good job to everyone.
    '' Si tu veux vivre, risque ta vie (...) L'homme y'a pas le choix bcp, ou ben donc il décide d'être un homme ou ben donc il décide de se conformer. '' - Michel Chartrand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast