Page 110 of 142 FirstFirst ... 90100102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118120130 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1411

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

CGN Regular
    All 6 of those are ugly and have issues of their own… IMO

Happy to wait for something from nodak/pws/brownells

CGN Regular
    Come on Irunguns you can do it !!! we want NR NoDak NDS 18SC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Ideally I am looking for a modernized version of the original 180 and all the Canadian variants fail to do that well.

I'm hopeful that Nodak, PWS, and IRG can produce a Canadian compliant Brownells 180 based off of the existing Nodak lower that already has FRT. If they could also correct the mag well slope to mirror that of an AR-15 as well as put a 1913 rail on the rear of the reciever for Sig style stocks, they will have an unbeatable winner in my opinion and will have trouble keeping up with the demand.

There is no point in trying to compete with a low-quality and low price point of all the other Canadian manufacturers. Their only competition to worry about is the Sterling offered by TSE.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Ideally I am looking for a modernized version of the original 180 and all the Canadian variants fail to do that well.

I'm hopeful that Nodak, PWS, and IRG can produce a Canadian compliant Brownells 180 based off of the existing Nodak lower that already has FRT. If they could also correct the mag well slope to mirror that of an AR-15 as well as put a 1913 rail on the rear of the reciever for Sig style stocks, they will have an unbeatable winner in my opinion and will have trouble keeping up with the demand.

There is no point in trying to compete with a low-quality and low price point of all the other Canadian manufacturers. Their only competition to worry about is the Sterling offered by TSE.
    I agree and that’s why I’m still watching this with interest too.

Personally I hope they do 7.62x39 too as I need two modern sporting rifles in this caliber.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Super GunNutz
    What round are we at now???

CGN Regular
    These guys are literally useless. Nothing will ever come of it
    Money talks, BS walks.

DO NOT expect me to hold items without prior discussion or payment.

Quote Originally Posted by jjuice View Post
    All 6 of those are ugly and have issues of their own… IMO

Happy to wait for something from nodak/pws/brownells
    I am hoping to see PSA / Nodak in a NDS18C using JAKL based upper. Afterall, they are now the same company

I don't think the BRN180 will ever come, most likely due to some sort Brownell's contractual restriction on PWS. If Brownell paid for the development of BRN180, it probably will not sit well with them if PWS grabs the design to make the same thing for other people, unless Brownell gives them permission and take royalties, which will get pretty complicated because another layer of legal thing will get on top.

PSA Jackl based upper on NDS18C will be a winner. They are the same company now, no barrier in design right and they don't need to send things around to multiple contractors. There is almost zero development needed to put a JAKL based upper on NDS18C other than making changes to some geometry of the receiver. I don't think IRG will end up having another AR18 upper, there isn't a need for another AR18 in the US. It makes sense for IRG to get a ride with PSA on the Jakl project.

And the JAKL is at least 3 months out from commercial release. A NDS18C lower with a JAKL based upper could be redirected back to the US market quickly and sold to the US market if the CDN market doesn't bite. It is a pretty safe bet. Gun shops cannot even keep restricted APC223 in stock, they will sell a whole bunch of restricted 10" NDS18C even if NR is nowhere near.
    Last edited by greentips; 02-06-2022 at 06:27 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I am hoping to see PSA / Nodak in a NDS18C using JAKL based upper. Afterall, they are now the same company

I don't think the BRN180 will ever come, most likely due to some sort Brownell's contractual restriction on PWS. If Brownell paid for the development of BRN180, it probably will not sit well with them if PWS grabs the design to make the same thing for other people, unless Brownell gives them permission and take royalties, which will get pretty complicated because another layer of legal thing will get on top.

PSA Jackl based upper on NDS18C will be a winner. They are the same company now, no barrier in design right and they don't need to send things around to multiple contractors. There is almost zero development needed to put a JAKL based upper on NDS18C other than making changes to some geometry of the receiver. I don't think IRG will end up having another AR18 upper, there isn't a need for another AR18 in the US. It makes sense for IRG to get a ride with PSA on the Jakl project.

And the JAKL is at least 3 months out from commercial release. A NDS18C lower with a JAKL based upper could be redirected back to the US market quickly and sold to the US market if the CDN market doesn't bite. It is a pretty safe bet. Gun shops cannot even keep restricted APC223 in stock, they will sell a whole bunch of restricted 10" NDS18C even if NR is nowhere near.

Just an aside but the JAKL is the firearm based off the KAC PDW correct ?
    Or I guess inspired by the the KAC PDW might be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    Just an aside but the JAKL is the firearm based off the KAC PDW correct ?
    Or I guess inspired by the the KAC PDW might be more accurate.
    Everything is an extrusion tube with a square block of BGC riding on bolted on rails with a screwed on barrel trunion - it started off with the SCAR project ( but FN SCAR made it the most efficient way so they told the US government they could make SCARs cheaper than M4 with RAS) . I don't think there is any direct or even indirect relationship amongst these different designs. When there is a way to make things faster and cheaper, they all end up looking similar.

But yeh, FN is probably the one who shows that one can make aluminium guns as fast and as cheap as plastic guns like G36, unless it is to be made by HK in Germany lol

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

An NDS18sc just flew over my house!