Page 25 of 142 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

CGN Regular
    I will have one Liberals be damned. Still enjoying my PSA carbine.IRG FOR THE WIN!

Welp, looks like be forking over all my cash once again.
    Defund the CBC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    If they take it they take it - it is a toy.

*snip*

This irrational fear of SBR has no basis.
    Yea, if you're willing to turn in your property, don't worry about it.
    For the rest of us, not giving the RCMP a reason to send a swat team to our homes at 2am is a big selling point.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    Then buy an ar180b guys..
    Have you seen the prices people are asking for them on the EE just because they're not on the list? There is one right now that's been f#&@ed around with too and is no longer original and they want $4500 for it. No thanks I'd take a new reproduction for $2000.
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Who cares what drunkman says
    When the drunk man is the one making the rules up as he goes it's time to care

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles Marble Mouth View Post
    Have you seen the prices people are asking for them on the EE just because they're not on the list? There is one right now that's been f#&@ed around with too and is no longer original and they want $4500 for it. No thanks I'd take a new reproduction for $2000.
    There is one on the ee now for less than 2k..

Correction, was one.. gone now
    Last edited by $kull; 09-30-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Before I get too excited, what’s the barrel quality going to be like? CHF? Will they be coming with a folding stock option? Will there be changes in future runs or is the production fully set?

So the rifle will be sold in a complete package? No just upper and lower, correct?
    Once you go Mauser, you'll never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman18 View Post
    Before I get too excited, what’s the barrel quality going to be like? CHF? Will they be coming with a folding stock option? Will there be changes in future runs or is the production fully set?
    You have to look up the other pages to get answers you cant just ask the same questions

And to answer above.. also answered in this thread..

No uppers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    You can always have both a NR and R. Some people don't care. If they take it they take it - it is a toy.

A lot of people living close to the cities and the only places they can shoot are official shooting ranges/clubs, sneaking a non-resgistered prohib is not going to happen in a lot of gun clubs unless you want to be kicked out. Rural folks can do whatever they want but this is not the case for people living in most urban areas, especially in Ontario. There are tons of urban gun owners that shoot only at indoor ranges. These are cool toys. No one is going to drive 3 or 4 hours to the middle nowhere from urbanized areas just to shoot a few rounds off a NR.

Mini 14, M14, AR10... and a slew of others NR are banned, R or NR doesn't matter if they want to ban it. And there are other NR with SBR variants that are not banned. If people want to have registered SBR, go for it. The gun shops will sell a bunch of cool SBRs to the people living in the urban areas who only shoot at gun clubs.

I read another post in the forum, apparently someone already SBR'ed WK-180 and it is in the FRT. This irrational fear of SBR has no basis.
    I fully support this as well, as a shooter that exclusively goes to a range rather than the woods. There is a benefit to non-restricted, in that no one can prove you have anything, but my preference would always be for shorter, cooler guns.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing would prevent you from installing a shorter barrel, having it inspected/verified, a child FRT created, and a certificate issued. This can be a long process, but it's the exact opposite of having a restricted rifle removed from the registry by installing an NR barrel and having it inspected.

Now, this rifle may not have a readily-available, easily installed restricted barrel length, but I cannot imagine it's that dissimilar from the rest of the PWS-built Brownells uppers, so perhaps a barrel can be imported.

I don't think that the fearmongering around an individual registering/verifying one as restricted is worth the heat that a lot of board members put on the subject whenever we bring it up. The RCMP isn't going to suddenly be made aware of this gun when the first one is registered as restricted, as if they didn't know they existed before then.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?