Page 48 of 142 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444546474849505152535455565868 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

CGN Regular
    I’m not sure the RCMP can ask about trade secrets and proprietary commercial information when make a classification.
    Like it could be unicorn forgings

I know your concern with ar or ar variant. But it’s not the raw material that is a variant.

80% lowers. Was that rcmp or an actual law maker making laws

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    I hope its a billet and not a forged receiver. If it was forged...I’d like to know *what* forging was used, if you catch my drift.

I probably missed it but they did say it’s billet right?

Right. Question is, was the lower ever a forged lower intended for an AR15? That’s the question. If it’s a billet from a rectangular block of aluminum, all is fine.
    I think you might be looking for problems where there aren't any.

Still looking very forward to seeing finished pictures, and hopefully a release date that won't be too far off.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    I’m not sure the RCMP can ask about trade secrets and proprietary commercial information when make a classification.
    Like it could be unicorn forgings

I know your concern with ar or ar variant. But it’s not the raw material that is a variant.

80% lowers. Was that rcmp or an actual law maker making laws
    See that’s what happened with Swiss arms and cz858. Doesn’t matter how long it took, but eventually they were able to find out the origins of the receiver, as well as their “original purpose”, and ruled accordingly.

My concern would vanish if someone says lowers are machined from a block of aluminum and not from AR15 forgings, for obvious reasons.

I’m pointing this out only because I’m seeing certain areas and curves being very very similar to a forged AR15 lower, that’s all. I could absolutely be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Revv View Post
    I think you might be looking for problems where there aren't any.

Still looking very forward to seeing finished pictures, and hopefully a release date that won't be too far off.
    Am I looking for problems, or am I looking out for everybody’s and this precious project’s sake and not have a can of worms down the road? Careful with those accusations.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Here is the description of their existing AR-180 replacement lower.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakSpud.com
    A new manufactured AR-180 style lower from NoDak Spud

The NDS-18S is a direct replacement for the factory AR-180B polymer lower receiver.

No more will you have to worry about breaking the serialized part with hard usage. Just transfer over your lower receiver parts.

Not only will the NDS-18S fit the "B" type uppers, it will also fit the original Costa Mesa, Howa, and Sterling uppers utilizing the dual pin recoil spring guide.

This will save your irreplaceable bolt hold open and other stamped parts, and give you the ability to use modern AR-15/M16 mags and a variety of stock styles.

(You will have to acquire "B" style FCG parts) See below

This receiver is made in house on our CNC's, machined from 7075 T6 511 billet aluminum, and finished in a black Type 3 Hard Coat anodizing.

Built for a lifetime of service, the NDS-18S is a rugged, versatile lower that gives you the modern modularity you want.
    The part in bold indicates they machine the 180 receiver from scratch in house from a block of aluminum, so the part was built specifically from scratch from an AR180, not for any other firearm. This tells me they are making the new lowers from scratch for the iRunGuns Canadian bound NDS 18SC.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Here is the description of their existing AR-180 replacement lower.

The part in bold indicates they machine the 180 receiver from scratch in house from a block of aluminum, so the part was built specifically from scratch from an AR180, not for any other firearm. This tells me they are making the new lowers from scratch for the iRunGuns Canadian bound NDS 18SC.

That lower in the picture is entirely different from what IRUNGUN showed us in this post.

The one Irunguns showed us clearly has a round portion for a buffer tube threads to be machined into. It clearly has a flat on top of that portion for an AR15 charging handle to ride on(180 charging handle is on the BCG), so why this flat?

What needs to be answered, is if that lower in those posts from irungun made from a billet, and not an AR15 forging. This is important down the road if you want this project to succeed.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    That lower in the picture is entirely different from what IRUNGUN showed us in this post.

The one Irunguns showed us clearly has a round portion for a buffer tube threads to be machined into. It clearly has a flat on top of that portion for an AR15 charging handle to ride on(180 charging handle is on the BCG), so why this flat?

What needs to be answered, is if that lower in those posts from irungun made from a billet, and not an AR15 forging. This is important down the road if you want this project to succeed.
    RCMP approved it after rhe AR15 ban
    clearly if it couldve worked with an ar15 upper they wouldve prohibited

even the mcx which wont take an AR15 upper was classified as an ar15.
    Stop kicking up dirt.

Can this platform use ar15 hand guards? specifically the DD RIS II?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    RCMP approved it after rhe AR15 ban
    clearly if it couldve worked with an ar15 upper they wouldve prohibited

even the mcx which wont take an AR15 upper was classified as an ar15.
    Stop kicking up dirt.
    That’s slightly different from what I’m pointing out.

Just like how CZ858 is approved, but you could run into problem if you build it with prohibited receivers. Get it?

This design could be approved to not be an AR15. But if you use AR15 forgings to build it, it could be deemed converted prohibited or whatever the word-of-the-day at rcmp is going to be. Can you rule this possibility out, unless we hear it from irunguns?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    Can we just get a picture of a completed one?
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

PinaKaleada why are you asking people to give you absolutes on questions non of use have answers too? Last time I checked even if the gun doesn't use any ar15 forgings the RCMP can just arbitrarily remove FRT and prohib it for any reason they want. I get that you dont want to spend money on a gun that MAY become prohib. But the truth is no one knows what the RCMP are going to do down the road. For right now trust that IRG has done the homework and are going to bring us a solid rifle. If you really want to I guess you could always just call the RCMP and request a copy of the FRT and inquire as to why it was deemed nr by the lab. That may put your mind at ease for now until IRG gives us more information on the rifle in the coming months.