Page 53 of 142 FirstFirst ... 334345464748495051525354555657585960616373 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

CGN Regular
    Nearly three months out from initial announcement... what's up dudes?

i don't know the business model, but nodak probably isn't importing the lowers into canada. most likely they are leasing their cad files to a canadian subcontractor to make them. that way nodak gets a cut of a market they would not have bothered to access otherwise, no import hassles, and the guns can't be sold back into the usa to compete with their primary market. presume there is a bunch of back and forth until nodak is happy with the quality of the work done by the canadian subcontractor. the uppers probably are imported (but perhaps not) but assume that there would be even more back and forth to ensure the fit between the two (they are proprietary for our market as the originals were designed to work with AR lowers). and finally a bit more care put into qa/qc to avoid all the teething issues experienced when the wk180c was rushed out. all in all a lot of work so not sure why everyone is wetting themselves because the project is one week past an arbitrary deadline posted on an internet forum.
    Last edited by the radium king; 12-04-2020 at 01:53 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Shooter View Post

Trudeau's speech earlier today would leave me to believe the rumors are true.

Interesting to see Justin use the massacre anniversary for playing politics while O’Toole gave a somber but uplifting message. I wonder if average Canadians will notice stuff like this.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

There are at least 20 million guns in Canada, 2.5 million licensed gun owners, 100k Canadians own a prohibited "assault weapon" and the Liberals still have to go back 31 years to find an example that fits their agenda.

Yeah, reading their update post on the exports it seems like the postal service state side is absolutely back logged. I'm sure thats whats causing the slow down..

CGN Regular
    Like a lot of people, we are all hoping for some good firearms related news (every little bit helps), I think the goofy political circus surrounding the Liberal gun ban agenda, makes for even more anticipation of pics and info by IRG.

Whatever the cause, irunguns has blown through their anticipated timeline of Thanksgiving [and even American Thanksgiving] for pics of a final production rifle. An update on what is causing the delay and new anticipated availability time would be appreciated. I think we can all appreciate that many things are out of their control.

This looks like a very cool new rifle and I’m looking forward to hearing more. On the other hand - THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!
    Support safe firearms ownership in Canada! Donate to legal challenges to the OIC and join the CCFR. Write or call your MP, Mendicino, or the PM. Take a Mapleseed course with a novice or take a friend to the range.

For sales on the EE, shipping to the majors included, payment by EMT, extra insurance at buyers discretion and expense. No trades unless mentioned in ad.

It’s called building the hype lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post
    It’s called building the hype lmao.
    In this political climate? Right now any gun can get banned at any moment. We don't have time to waste on "hype", IRG should be rushing these out as fast as they can (as long as they're properly built of course).

They will still sell every last one within a day or two, they don't need to hype this up, nor should they.

ahem

peepee poopoo.