Page 65 of 142 FirstFirst ... 455557585960616263646566676869707172737585 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    Looks like I was wrong about that. See post above.
    Thanks guys, good info in that post

I just hope this rifle hits the market before all semi-auto mag fed rifles are prohib
    Last edited by BigTungus; 12-21-2020 at 04:08 PM.

I'm going to name mine Sophie

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Long and black, I thought you might have named it Idris.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieprepping View Post
    I'm going to name mine Sophie
    Now I got a chubby..ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    Long and black, I thought you might have named it Idris.
    Dare I say...based..?

dangerously based, perhaps even redpilled

Hate to jump in the deep end, but what exactly is this thread about. Did a quick scan but did not see any pics of what this rifles is supposed to look like. So is this a variant of the AR180 that uses a nodak lower and somehow it is going to be matched with a slightly modified BRN-180 upper that is not compatible with an AR-15 lower. So it gets around the AR-15 variant prohib and should come in non-restricted? Everyone is hoping that this will not be a disaster like the WK-180C? I see a lot of WK-180c's on the used market for a reason.....garbage. I can say that from first hand experience. Failure to eject, then the gas tube moved forward as they forgot to pin it in place. Next the inside of the receiver was being gouged and finally, one of the lugs sheared off the bolt face. It was heavy, ugly, wide open for debris to block the action, difficult to service the gas system. Yes, it was crap. So we are all pinning our hopes and dreams that this will be the affordable AR180 non restricted variant that the WK180c was not?
    Fingers crossed. Be nice to see what this baby is going to look like. Someone post a picture.

There are several pics on comments

Quote Originally Posted by Cee-Eight View Post
    Everyone is hoping that this will not be a disaster like the WK-180C? I see a lot of WK-180c's on the used market for a reason.....garbage. I can say that from first hand experience. Failure to eject, then the gas tube moved forward as they forgot to pin it in place. Next the inside of the receiver was being gouged and finally, one of the lugs sheared off the bolt face. It was heavy, ugly, wide open for debris to block the action, difficult to service the gas system. Yes, it was crap. So we are all pinning our hopes and dreams that this will be the affordable AR180 non restricted variant that the WK180c was not?
    Fingers crossed. Be nice to see what this baby is going to look like. Someone post a picture.
    You make a couple of assumptions here that I think are wrong. First is manufacturing. You bring up the WK-180C which is indeed a pile of garbage in my opinion but you're paying $1200 for a non-restricted semi-automatic rifle that's made in Canada, and was designed TO BE AFFORDABLE in the first place. What else did you expect? Of course corners are going to be cut. I'm happy that I decided to play the "wait and see" game on these rifles because I was considering one, and after seeing the many problems that people have with these, I won't ever get one. Products that are designed to be cheap are not going to cut the mustard for anyone who likes quality rifles or anything to begin with.

But here is my point - the NDS-18SC isn't designed to be cheap, it's designed to be a non-restricted, semi-automatic rifle that is competitive with other entries in its price range (which is why they're going with a bare bones model instead of multiple variations, which only furthers to bring up costs per unit). That's why we're expecting this model to be what, around $2000 after taxes? That's a massive difference in quality vs. a $1200 dollar rifle.

Secondly, you're missing the fact that Nodak Spud and Primary Weapons Systems are the ones that are responsible for designing and building this rifle, and PWS was the company who built the original BRN-180 uppers for Brownells to begin with. Not only are these these two are very respectable US companies with top quality products (I was going to buy PWS AR-15 components before Lord Trudeau decided that I'm too irresponsible to be trusted with them), but I'm willing to bet a good chunk of change that they're not going to run the risk of ruining their reputations by bringing a ####ty product to market. Not to mention the fact that the BRN-180 uppers have been reviewed very well.

I'm optimistic but I have to see the final product first, obviously.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna