Page 67 of 142 FirstFirst ... 475759606162636465666768697071727374757787 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    You make a couple of assumptions here that I think are wrong. First is manufacturing. You bring up the WK-180C which is indeed a pile of garbage in my opinion but you're paying $1200 for a non-restricted semi-automatic rifle that's made in Canada, and was designed TO BE AFFORDABLE in the first place. What else did you expect? Of course corners are going to be cut. I'm happy that I decided to play the "wait and see" game on these rifles because I was considering one, and after seeing the many problems that people have with these, I won't ever get one. Products that are designed to be cheap are not going to cut the mustard for anyone who likes quality rifles or anything to begin with.
    Not to try and derail this thread but while I note that you are fair in recognising the price point of the 180C I think you are being unfair by referring to it as garbage. I won't lie and try to hide the fact that many rifles have had some issues, but I think in the same breath that we say the cocking handles have often broken we should also say that they have been replaced free of charge with great assistance from Kodiak.

I'm going to hold my hand up hear and confirm that I have Owners bias, and possibly sunk cost fallacy impacting my judgement. With that being said, I am on 6000 rounds through my 180C, it's my competition rifle, my hunting rifle, target rifle and more. Have I had pieces break? Absolutely, and likewise non-stop support by calling up Kodiak in person and being positive and polite throughout the process.

I personally think that some parts of the rifle should be made to a higher quality (specifically the piston and bolt handle) but with that being said I do think that for the majority of us it'll be a fine rifle. Which is exactly what the market needed at the time, and even more so post OIC, Kodiak and WS have churned out thousands of these rifles, we didn't know the NDS was coming and I assume neither did they. So I am glad they came out with what they did when they did.

Now I do hope that the NoDakSpud offers a higher quality all round package, and I would certainly like to buy one.

I did buy into the WK180C platform and as expressed above, was very disappointed in the final product. I, like you, am hoping that this new platform built by two respectable and experienced US based companies will not be the failure that was the WK. We all have the same vision. We want a work-a-round for the AR15 prohibition that will be a solid functioning rifle and be non-restricted as well. If it will use some of the left over ar15 parts we all have lying around, another plus. Hey if its nice looking as well that would be a bonus. I am going to wait, patiently on the side until the rifle is proven and then I will jump on board. So this rifle will be noncompatible with ar15 upper and lower receivers. The upper will be built by PWS and the lower by Nodak Spud? It will look something like the AR180 platform for which it is based. It will be more expensive but of better quality then the WK. I don't mind paying for something that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cee-Eight View Post
    I did buy into the WK180C platform and as expressed above, was very disappointed in the final product. I, like you, am hoping that this new platform built by two respectable and experienced US based companies will not be the failure that was the WK. We all have the same vision. We want a work-a-round for the AR15 prohibition that will be a solid functioning rifle and be non-restricted as well. If it will use some of the left over ar15 parts we all have lying around, another plus. Hey if its nice looking as well that would be a bonus. I am going to wait, patiently on the side until the rifle is proven and then I will jump on board. So this rifle will be noncompatible with ar15 upper and lower receivers. The upper will be built by PWS and the lower by Nodak Spud? It will look something like the AR180 platform for which it is based. It will be more expensive but of better quality then the WK. I don't mind paying for something that works.
    Amen

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    Not to try and derail this thread but while I note that you are fair in recognising the price point of the 180C I think you are being unfair by referring to it as garbage. I won't lie and try to hide the fact that many rifles have had some issues, but I think in the same breath that we say the cocking handles have often broken we should also say that they have been replaced free of charge with great assistance from Kodiak.

I'm going to hold my hand up hear and confirm that I have Owners bias, and possibly sunk cost fallacy impacting my judgement. With that being said, I am on 6000 rounds through my 180C, it's my competition rifle, my hunting rifle, target rifle and more. Have I had pieces break? Absolutely, and likewise non-stop support by calling up Kodiak in person and being positive and polite throughout the process.

I personally think that some parts of the rifle should be made to a higher quality (specifically the piston and bolt handle) but with that being said I do think that for the majority of us it'll be a fine rifle. Which is exactly what the market needed at the time, and even more so post OIC, Kodiak and WS have churned out thousands of these rifles, we didn't know the NDS was coming and I assume neither did they. So I am glad they came out with what they did when they did.

Now I do hope that the NoDakSpud offers a higher quality all round package, and I would certainly like to buy one.
    The thing that I don't understand is how this wasn't banned along with all the other AR platform rifles out there in May.

I mean is this upcoming?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    The thing that I don't understand is how this wasn't banned along with all the other AR platform rifles out there in May.

I mean is this upcoming?
    I can't speak for the government, nor those in charge of this particular policy but it's my feeling that if it was going to happen by now it would have. One extra line in the thousands covered by the OIC wouldn't have cost anything extra and there are a lot of other black NR rifles that could have been killed too. Right now there are many legal challenges, and multiple failings to get contracts. So for now I think we're good but honestly I think it's best to buy as many NR rifles as possible as it's your property and no one else's business.

On that note don't forget to phone/email IBM and give them in a polite, non-violent manner your opinion on them taking the recent contract. If you have any business with IBM ensure to highlight the value of it and how it will not be continuing. Make the $2m contract of which they'll likely be making around 20% gross profit (which isn't unreasonable) seem completely un-worth the effort and losses elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post

I mean is this upcoming?
    You seem like you wish it was banned. Turns out it isn't an AR-15 or AR-10 so, no ban. It is that simple. Not too hard to understand.
    CCFR Member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    I can't speak for the government, nor those in charge of this particular policy but it's my feeling that if it was going to happen by now it would have. One extra line in the thousands covered by the OIC wouldn't have cost anything extra and there are a lot of other black NR rifles that could have been killed too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andronicus View Post
    You seem like you wish it was banned. Turns out it isn't an AR-15 or AR-10 so, no ban. It is that simple. Not too hard to understand.
    You both assume that government is competent. It's pretty clear from the OiC wording that they specifically leave the door open for future bans based on popularity/availability, which is most likely because they were rushed to come up with a list, and reasonably expected to miss a few rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by kekservative View Post
    You both assume that government is competent. It's pretty clear from the OiC wording that they specifically leave the door open for future bans based on popularity/availability, which is most likely because they were rushed to come up with a list, and reasonably expected to miss a few rifles.
    The Firearms lab is closely working with the government to ban the “assault rifles” but they still approved this rifle long after the ban.
    Why? Because this is an AR180 and was not mentioned in the OIC, so they have no reason to ban this.

It’s just a matter of one more false flag before they ban all semis..

Let’s hope things change before they do that. I am still down for one of these despite feeling like that’s what’s next. It’s a solid platform that offers a lot and is fairly unique

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    The Firearms lab is closely working with the government to ban the “assault rifles” but they still approved this rifle long after the ban.
    Why? Because this is an AR180 and was not mentioned in the OIC, so they have no reason to ban this.
    You must be new here. Oh wait..... You think liberals govern based on facts, statistics and common sense?

Half of the banned rifles were approved by lab as NRs. Next election they will ban another 10, then another 10.

Does it mean we have to give up, sell our firearms and take knitting as a hobby? no.

But pretending that we live in some kind of free and fair society is kind of naïve.