Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

Anyone else find the charging handle out of place/ugly? Is it possible to somehow modify the ar 180 with the ar 15 charging handle?
    Once you go Mauser, you'll never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by ganger631 View Post
    Anyone else find the charging handle out of place/ugly? Is it possible to somehow modify the ar 180 with the ar 15 charging handle?
    It's not an AR-15, the charging system isn't even remotely the same. That's like saying you want a lambo engine in the trunk of a C6 Corvette.

CGN Regular
    The charging handle looks true to the original Armalite AR 18. I’m way more stoked over this than the WK...

GunNutz
    Pws made the Brownell's brn-180 so i assume it will be a variant of this upper that will attached to the NoDak lower. It's a pretty well made upper and there's are nice reviews of it on youtube.
    I would defenetly be down for 1.

I don't think it would be possible without major design changes. You'd have to machine a spot for the AR15 charging handle to fit into the bolt carrier group, which is totally different than an AR15 BCG, keeping in mind that the operating rod strikes the front center face of the carrier of the AR18 on either side of the recoil spring guide rods. In order to make the charging handle non reciprocating so it wasn't smacking you in the teeth you'd need to cut a channel for the charging handle to pass through when the carrier was moving backwards, and doing so would mean cutting the spot that the operating rod strikes. It might be possible to machine a channel through the carrier beneath the spot that the op rod strikes without interfering with the hole that the bolt fits in, but doing so also means you're removing mass from the carrier, which could affect reliability...and at this point you're basically making an entirely new rifle. There are other options out there based on the AR18 operating mechanism that are NR, if the 18/180 charging handle isn't your thing.

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    Is there going to be a notification list when these are available
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    I think the North Sylva/Kodiak offshoot 180 did this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    yeah but none ever showed up at retailers, think there might still be guys waiting on pre-orders
    Last edited by tobaman45; 09-18-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Would love one with a folding stock, not AR tubed if we're lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    and it was one of the most hideous thing i've seen