Page 43 of 142 FirstFirst ... 233335363738394041424344454647484950515363 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    This! In reality no one really wants a 180 badly. Most just want something AR15ish.
    Each to their own. Carried an L85A2 for many years on Ops and I'd take a good gas piston gun over a DI gun any day of the week. UK SF replaced the C8 with the HK416 for the same reason (in part).

I've got a 180B and it got a lot more use than my Norinco CQ. Great ranch gun but vulnerable to dust, sand, straw, grass, snow, hay, bugs etc in the truck. Of course the CQ was only allowed to the range until the OIC, but even if both were non-restricted, I'd still take the 180 over the DI AR-15 platform.

I just don't like the lack of dust cover (I'm looking for one I can get mounted to my 180B) and a bolt release. If this new rifle has the BRN dust cover etc, it'll be a big step forward from the open action of the 180B, WK, MCR variants.
    "Per Ardua ad Astra" - Through Adversity to the Stars

'From each according to their ability, to each according to their need' - best ever Vision Statement for a well managed slave plantation.

This. Im not a fan of the AR15 gas system and love the AR18 and its derivatives gas system. I also find the Dog leg charging handle and a dust cover both anesthetic as all hell, plus the fact that it seem as if itll use a a standard paddel bho/BR is just extra

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles Marble Mouth View Post
    Have you seen the prices people are asking for them on the EE just because they're not on the list? There is one right now that's been f#&@ed around with too and is no longer original and they want $4500 for it. No thanks I'd take a new reproduction for $2000.
    Lol yeah plus those things have been around for easily 20 plus years with zero parts support and been used heavily. They're old and tired and a $2k paperweight waiting to happen with one critical part failure.
    I had one the welds snapped on the guide rail plate. Took some ingenuity, balls of steel and some nail biting drilling ans welding to repair but I got it running again and sold it with disclosure for a loss.

I prefer the old school ar18/ar180b style by far too. But Im still really excited to see these come in and I hope flood the market.
    Plus they're American made and designed so less likely to be half baked problematic pieces of #### dice tosses like a lot of the last canadian gun products of the last few years.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Best estimate of what completed rifles will look like :D

https://youtu.be/mD7FBOiZQ0Q

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by M4_556 View Post
    Best estimate of what completed rifles will look like :D

https://youtu.be/mD7FBOiZQ0Q
    Nice review including info about the NoDak Spud lower. Good to see, if is consistent with the one in the video, that it will have a bolt release. Accuracy with the Gen2 upper is better then before, according to the reviewer the 180 design is historically less accurate then the AR-15 design, so even with this high end version, the max accuracy is 2 to 2 1/2 Moa. Good news, though, is reliability with the PWS upper is good, which should justify a premium for this in the Canadian market.

It looks better than the WK180s I think.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Im digging the really slim railed forened.
    Prefer old school plastic and even lighter but its a happy alternative.
    Nice long sight radius from the back of the receiver to the front of the rail for a precision front post and rear peep.

I love original AR18 cocking handle and dust cover

I'm very excited to see the end result and price tag on this.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Regular
    I may have misused it, but do we know what length the gas system is?

CGN Regular
    Do we have an actual price and pictures yet?

Why dont we ever get rifles like this or fx9 with shorter barrels? Is 18 the magic number to the RCMP for "hunting" or something? I want a 16 :/
    Lest We Forget