Page 50 of 142 FirstFirst ... 304042434445464748495051525354555657586070 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananomalymoose View Post
    Why do you think they are using forgings? Can you please post proof of that? Because as previous people have pointed out the NoDak lower is billet milled. From this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCFx...annel=IRunGuns you can see that the upper looks to also be milled. You are saying that the lowers dimensions are not from a 180b and are from an ar15? I assume you are thinking that since the back of the lower will fit an ar15 buffer tube, its dimensions are the same as an ar15. My question to you is what does that matter at this point? We have no finished prototypes, no drawings or size specs of the lower or the upper, they could both be longer than any other ar15 upper and lower being made. I understand you want to point out what you think could be massive issues for the rifle in the future. But are you positive that they actually will become issues for a rifle we have little information on? Its kinda pointless to be doing this when we have very little information on the rifle right now. Have faith in IRG, NoDak, and RWA
    What I know that you might not know is this, forgings are much cheaper to make receivers out of because they're mass produced. There are many many forging companies that make AR15 forgings and thats the reason why AR15s are so cheap. On the other hand, AR180 upper forgings do not exist. It is not made in mass. As a result, you'd obviously find out that the upper is billet, but that says nothing about the lower. Now, I must admit, I have no idea. All I did was notice the striking similarities on that lower with many AR15 dimensions which does not need to be there for the AR180. Modern Sporter would obviously need these dimensions for AR parts. Not a AR180.

So question is, are those "features" for style, or do they exist because they're from forgings?
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Regular
    So i dont have to read countless pages of drivel.
    Are there any pics beyond a blank receiver?
    Price/complete rifle?

Thanks.
    Last edited by D3vin; 11-29-2020 at 07:21 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by D3vin View Post
    So i dont have to reach countless pages of drivel.
    Price/complete rifle?

Thanks.
    We're still waiting on pictures of a finished product. Early on pricing was stated to be at the $1,400 USD mark but nothing official has been announced yet for Canadian pricing.

I would not say anything more on the forgings since IRG themselves have said on page 5 of this thread

"No, these are billet lowers and will not work on the 180. the SC stands for Sub Compact although we do offer the original 180 billet replacement lower."

and again on page 13

"There are also a number of updates to the upper in order for it to mate with the NR NoDak billet lower receiver.

The lower receiver is a sub compact hybrid of the original NR NDS 180. These receivers will not be compatible with the 180B platform."

To me it looks like every rifle with be milled from billet. You can rest assured that there are no forgings being used. In response to you thinking the back of the lower is ar15 dimensions I found this on page 24 from IRG. it is in response to this comment made by a cgn poster.

CGN posters comment: "I mean bill Blair did say in the oic announcement that he realises other rifles are going to take the place of the now prohibited ones and they will be added at a letter time"

IRG response "Well that may be true if this rifle fell within the scope of the OIC but it doesn't. This rifle is 100% proprietary and of a new design."

So I think we can take away that this rifle has had many many modifications made to it to be as far from an ar15 as possible. I would wait for pics and more info before finding any more "issues" with the rifle.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananomalymoose View Post
    I would not say anything more on the forgings since IRG themselves have said on page 5 of this thread

"No, these are billet lowers and will not work on the 180. the SC stands for Sub Compact although we do offer the original 180 billet replacement lower."

and again on page 13

"There are also a number of updates to the upper in order for it to mate with the NR NoDak billet lower receiver.

The lower receiver is a sub compact hybrid of the original NR NDS 180. These receivers will not be compatible with the 180B platform."

To me it looks like every rifle with be milled from billet. You can rest assured that there are no forgings being used. In response to you thinking the back of the lower is ar15 dimensions I found this on page 24 from IRG. it is in response to this comment made by a cgn poster.

CGN posters comment: "I mean bill Blair did say in the oic announcement that he realises other rifles are going to take the place of the now prohibited ones and they will be added at a letter time"

IRG response "Well that may be true if this rifle fell within the scope of the OIC but it doesn't. This rifle is 100% proprietary and of a new design."

So I think we can take away that this rifle has had many many modifications made to it to be as far from an ar15 as possible. I would wait for pics and more info before finding any more "issues" with the rifle.
    Hey if thats the case, it's good news. I'm not married to my ideas, and certainly not my suspicions. If it indeed is billet that would 100% ease my concern.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by D3vin View Post
    So i dont have to read countless pages of drivel.
    Price/complete rifle?

Thanks.
    It's 50 pages of mostly this question so thanks for adding to the drivel.

The sense of entitlement in this community is wild. If you want to discuss this upcoming platform or have questions or whatever, great. That's what this is for. But no one owes you anything. Thanks to IRUNGUNS for working on bringing something new to market.

Check out post 349 the second picture you can clearly see the machining marks! Definitely made from a billet!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by the_cacciatore_kid View Post

The sense of entitlement in this community is wild. If you want to discuss this upcoming platform or have questions or whatever, great. That's what this is for. But no one owes you anything. Thanks to IRUNGUNS for working on bringing something new to market.
    I was just asking some simple questions. No need to be a tw@t about it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_cacciatore_kid View Post

I wish there was a way to just see the post from the OP. That would make this a quick read and give you all the information that is available.
    CCFR Member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Andronicus View Post
    I wish there was a way to just see the post from the OP. That would make this a quick read and give you all the information that is available.
    You can always click on profile name and click on view forum posts. That will bring up all their latest posts. They don't post often so it'll be easy to get updates from them.