Page 49 of 142 FirstFirst ... 293941424344454647484950515253545556575969 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

My guess is he’s baiting IRG into posting something. Instead of asking questions he posts misinformation in hopes they will correct it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananomalymoose View Post
    PinaKaleada why are you asking people to give you absolutes on questions non of use have answers too? Last time I checked even if the gun doesn't use any ar15 forgings the RCMP can just arbitrarily remove FRT and prohib it for any reason they want. I get that you dont want to spend money on a gun that MAY become prohib. But the truth is no one knows what the RCMP are going to do down the road. For right now trust that IRG has done the homework and are going to bring us a solid rifle. If you really want to I guess you could always just call the RCMP and request a copy of the FRT and inquire as to why it was deemed nr by the lab. That may put your mind at ease for now until IRG gives us more information on the rifle in the coming months.
    If that’s a real question, I’ll answer:

It’s simple, if we see a potential problem, you want it to be known *now*, not after product is manufactured and sold and in circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieprepping View Post
    My guess is he’s baiting IRG into posting something. Instead of asking questions he posts misinformation in hopes they will correct it.
    Misinformation of what exactly? Everything I’m saying is from observation of those prototype pictures. You can see for yourself. Do you want me to draw up something for you to help you understand better?
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 11-29-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Regular
    check out the trigger guard and the magwell width. My money is on billet.

either way, good question. im sure IRG will clear that up next post.

my question is; when can i get my order in?

For right now you really have to just trust IRG,NoDak and RWA. As for potential problems how can one even begin to point out any when non of us know by how much the specs have been changed? For all we know the lower and upper could be a 1/4" longer than an ar15 upper and lower. At this point raising issues you think may become a problem later is kinda pointless with out more information on the specs of the upper and lower. I am not trying to attack you but at this point we really cant say anything about a rifle. We dont even have fully finished prototype pictures of yet. Just have some faith in IRG for now and wait to see what the prototype will look like.

Dude, just stop posting. Stop asking stupid incriminating questions. They could be built on AK receivers for all anyone cares, if it's NR, it's NR.

Buy the gun, shoot it and shut the hell up. If it becomes prohib, then you own a cool prohib.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananomalymoose View Post
    For right now you really have to just trust IRG,NoDak and RWA. As for potential problems how can one even begin to point out any when non of us know by how much the specs have been changed? For all we know the lower and upper could be a 1/4" longer than an ar15 upper and lower. At this point raising issues you think may become a problem later is kinda pointless with out more information on the specs of the upper and lower. I am not trying to attack you but at this point we really cant say anything about a rifle. We dont even have fully finished prototype pictures of yet. Just have some faith in IRG for now and wait to see what the prototype will look like.
    Thats a good response. After all it's a forum and I'm raising these questions because I want them to do this correctly. I'm down to buy two.

Quote Originally Posted by Czechanuck View Post
    Dude, just stop posting. Stop asking stupid incriminating questions. They could be built on AK receivers for all anyone cares, if it's NR, it's NR.

Buy the gun, shoot it and shut the hell up. If it becomes prohib, then you own a cool prohib.
    Can't you think a step further and thank me for possibly saving this project if in fact they are thinking of using forgings? Look at the portion where the buffer tube goes into and the part where the charging handle rides. Those dimensions aren't from an AR180b, those are AR15 dimensions, curiously. Especially that little slant rear of the charging handle flat.

I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Thats a good response. After all it's a forum and I'm raising these questions because I want them to do this correctly. I'm down to buy two.

Can't you think a step further and thank me for possibly saving this project if in fact they are thinking of using forgings? Look at the portion where the buffer tube goes into and the part where the charging handle rides. Those dimensions aren't from an AR180b, those are AR15 dimensions, curiously. Especially that little slant rear of the charging handle flat.

You are not saving anything.

This rifle will almost certainly end up being prohibited one day, so will your cheap 10/22, your rusty SKS and any other gun you may own. This is the unfortunate reality of where this country is heading. No gun is safe in Canada. Period.

The RCMP have already inspected the design post-ban and deemed it a NR firearm. If this rifle gets prohibited in the future, it won't be because of the design. This rifle will sell out within the first day and most people will still proudly own them long after they get banned.
    Last edited by TopShelf97; 11-29-2020 at 06:01 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    You are not saving anything.

This rifle will almost certainly end up being prohibited one day, so will your cheap 10/22, your rusty SKS and any other gun you may own. This is the unfortunate reality of where this country is heading. No gun is safe in Canada. Period.

This rifle will easily sell out within the first day and most people will still proudly own them even if they get banned.

The RCMP have already inspected the design post-ban and deemed it a NR firearm. If this rifle gets prohibited in the future, it won't be because of the design, stop asking silly questions and just buy them while you still can.
    It's as simple as follows:

RCMP says CZ858 and swiss arms was NR. However, some became Prohibited because the *naughty* receivers were used. It still became prohibited even though the CZ858 design is NR. My point is as simple as that.

In this case, the 180 is deemed NR However, if you try to use AR15 designated forgings to make receivers, is it AR15 or no?

The remedy is also simple. Make the receivers out of billet. I can be totally wrong of suspecting that they're using forgings. But my suspicion isn't unfounded, just look at the picture.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Who gives af what might happen to them down the road, we already know they want to eventually ban everything. They already screwed a chit ton of businesses who's product was NR. It isn't going to get any better. Bickering on a forum isn't going to change a thing or "save" anything.

All we can do is continue to support these businesses by buying products like this up while we can. And enjoy them or stash them away for a rainy day.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Why do you think they are using forgings? Can you please post proof of that? Because as previous people have pointed out the NoDak lower is billet milled. From this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCFx...annel=IRunGuns you can see that the upper looks to also be milled. You are saying that the lowers dimensions are not from a 180b and are from an ar15? I assume you are thinking that since the back of the lower will fit an ar15 buffer tube, its dimensions are the same as an ar15. My question to you is what does that matter at this point? We have no finished prototypes, no drawings or size specs of the lower or the upper, they could both be longer than any other ar15 upper and lower being made. I understand you want to point out what you think could be massive issues for the rifle in the future. But are you positive that they actually will become issues for a rifle we have little information on? Its kinda pointless to be doing this when we have very little information on the rifle right now. Have faith in IRG, NoDak, and RWA