Page 81 of 142 FirstFirst ... 6171737475767778798081828384858687888991101 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    Read the comment you just pinned. I literally said this project will be delayed, and due to the circumstances, it doesn’t require an update from IRG.

My quarrel with metamatt was that he was blaming this on IRG as if he was living under a rock and couldn’t see the things that were happening around the world.

Use your common sense, you shouldn’t need an “official update” to know this was going to be delayed indefinitely.
    So we shouldn’t expect updates in a thread announcing the rifle? The obviously decided to shelve it for a while. Why would they not announce that? It’s #### like this kills customer support because they aren’t being supported by the dealers.

I can’t say I blame them for deciding to wait and see but to remain silent while doing so is incredibly misleading.

CGN Regular
    Yeah the past few months have been brutal, enough to derail any project.
    Agreed. Unfortunately the political climate South of the border has now shifted, and the uncertainty regarding firearms and freedom there may soon rival what we are currently experiencing in Canada.

I still firmly believe a high quality 180 would sell very, very well in Canada, but perhaps it will come from some other manufacturer first.

delete
    Last edited by ganger631; 02-05-2021 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Didnt see prior post
    Once you go Mauser, you'll never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@NDS View Post
    Here's the straight info.

1. This is a tiny side project for PWS, they are currently swamped with US production. This includes PWS products and stuff they make for other companies. We (NDS) only have to make the lower so our risk is much less.

2. Logistics: there is serious doubt that the small parts/barrels can be sourced in a consistent manner right now. Even if it was a go, lead times are a minimum of 3-4 months for barrel blanks. (if you can get a PO in Que)

3. NDS and PWS are concerned about the unstable legislative process of OIC in Canada.

4. IRG is concerned about the uncertain political situation in the US as regards to a biden gun ban.

5. The group decided to "wait and see" what happens with the first actions by biden's administration.

6. There have be some prototype uppers and lowers made, but there has been no production parts made yet.

Mike
    Co-Owner NDS
    We can only hope that things calm down in the coming months and PWS, Nodak Spud and IRunGuns can take another look at this project.

I don't think this will get banned by another OIC; the Liberals have happily watched thousands of domestically made 180 variants are sold as non restricted, along with semi-auto center fire rifles from Keltec, Norinco, IWI and others.

And the near instant sales of all those rifles should hopefully help tell PWS that the Canadian market is far from done and is thirsty for more, regardless of price point.

Thank you for your transparency on development, if you could share and photos of the prototypes it would be neat, but regardless thank you for your hard work during difficult times and I hope we see the project spring back to life in the next year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by C-71 is dumb View Post
    We can only hope that things calm down in the coming months and PWS, Nodak Spud and IRunGuns can take another look at this project.

I don't think this will get banned by another OIC; the Liberals have happily watched thousands of domestically made 180 variants are sold as non restricted, along with semi-auto center fire rifles from Keltec, Norinco, IWI and others.

And the near instant sales of all those rifles should hopefully help tell PWS that the Canadian market is far from done and is thirsty for more, regardless of price point.

Thank you for your transparency on development, if you could share and photos of the prototypes it would be neat, but regardless thank you for your hard work during difficult times and I hope we see the project spring back to life in the next year or so.
    You used logic in your statement. The government has proven time and time again that they don’t use logic. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to let thousands of these be sold all across the country then ban them with the stroke of a pen.

BANNED
    No reason for this project to not go ahead now considering they want to ban ar 15s in united states.

CGN Regular
    Yeah the past few months have been brutal, enough to derail any project.
    with the completed rifles supposedly already being in the mail, yeah an update was necessary

Not sure why you act like this on every black rifle thread lol

your knees must be sore by now

Quote Originally Posted by Merk506 View Post
    No reason for this project to not go ahead now considering they want to ban ar 15s in united states.
    I think that makes it worse. They’ll be too busy making something for the US market. Right now we just need to wait for the panic to subside then manufacturers can catch up and start looking at projects like this. If there is a full ban on AR-15s they’ll have even more panic from people looking for replacements. This project could work perfectly for them too but buyers will create a huge vacuum for these and we won’t see any for us for years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    I think that makes it worse. They’ll be too busy making something for the US market. Right now we just need to wait for the panic to subside then manufacturers can catch up and start looking at projects like this. If there is a full ban on AR-15s they’ll have even more panic from people looking for replacements. This project could work perfectly for them too but buyers will create a huge vacuum for these and we won’t see any for us for years.
    Imagine a world where we have now gone full circle and Americans start relying on us to export what little Semi-autos we have (180's).

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Shooter View Post
    Imagine a world where we have now gone full circle and Americans start relying on us to export what little Semi-autos we have (180's).
    That would be a trip.