Page 71 of 142 FirstFirst ... 516163646566676869707172737475767778798191 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    Why do you need IRG to give you weekly updates? Have you been living under a rock during the past few months?

How do you expect IRG to be accurate with their timelines when more & more events are happening by the day? Especially after what happened yesterday, your common sense should tell you that we’re not getting this rifle anytime soon.

You shouldn’t need IRG to tell you that.
    lol, I don't need weekly updates. I never even alluded to anything so ridiculous. Where are you coming up with this stuff?

Yeah, I get there's COVID and yada yada. I can't believe I even have to explain this, lol. COVID isn't delaying something that's already supposed to be made and in the mail, indefinitely, lmao.. My original comment wasn't even bashing IRG, it was simply an observation on the state of our community and market, which is undeniably and objectively true.

You're so strung out because I told a guy I hope he's happy waiting for something that isn't coming. To put it in context, I made a comment about this thread and someone wanted to make it personal and resort to ad hominem attacks and stated he was perfectly content with the entire situation as I described it, and that was my response to him. Not you, not IRG, not all of CGN.

The petty infighting does nothing to improve an obviously less than ideal situation. Nor does sticking one's head in the sand and choosing to be blissfully ignorant as conditions deteriorate.

I hope this rifle and many more new rifles make it to market, don't get me wrong. I just recognize the fact that in any other consumer market, people would just buy something else

As another poster said, supporting the legal challenges is probably the best use of firearm money that one may have at their disposal currently

Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    lol, I don't need weekly updates. I never even alluded to anything so ridiculous. Where are you coming up with this stuff?

Yeah, I get there's COVID and yada yada. I can't believe I even have to explain this, lol. COVID isn't delaying something that's already supposed to be made and in the mail, indefinitely, lmao.. My original comment wasn't even bashing IRG, it was simply an observation on the state of our community and market, which is undeniably and objectively true.

You're so strung out because I told a guy I hope he's happy waiting for something that isn't coming. To put it in context, I made a comment about this thread and someone wanted to make it personal and resort to ad hominem attacks and stated he was perfectly content with the entire situation as I described it, and that was my response to him. Not you, not IRG, not all of CGN.

The petty infighting does nothing to improve an obviously less than ideal situation. Nor does sticking one's head in the sand and choosing to be blissfully ignorant as conditions deteriorate.

I hope this rifle and many more new rifles make it to market, don't get me wrong. I just recognize the fact that in any other consumer market, people would just buy something else

As another poster said, supporting the legal challenges is probably the best use of firearm money that one may have at their disposal currently
    I don’t care what you said to the other guy, I’m just wondering why you’re trying to blame this on IRG. You even said “God forbid someone would expect some level of accuracy in what is being said” in your last comment and now you’re saying they should have completed this rifle a long time ago.

You need to understand that IRG has no say in this, it’s all up to PWS. And the unfortunate reality is that PWS couldn’t care less about some small market up North when they have far bigger things to worry about and far more demand to fulfill in their current products. Does that mean this rifle is cancelled? Absolutely not. We just need to wait till things cool down a bit. But you shouldn’t expect IRG to give us updates when it’s fairly obvious why it’s being delayed.

Ever since the OIC was announced, some Canadian manufacturers moved on to bolt action receivers and others started lawsuits. But IRG went and got one of the best firearm manufacturers in America to make us a new semi-auto rifle.

This is an insanely important project, the least we could do is give them our patience. Hang tight and just appreciate the fact that IRG got this project started in the first place.

peepeepoopoo

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    peepeepoopoo
    about sums up the last couple posts

CGN Regular
    They did say something like “in 10 days”. Usually that means you have everything ready and probably just waiting for assembly/package to arrive/receiving it back from anodizing etc. Its reasonable to expect something, literally in days, no matter what is happening in the world.

On the other hand if they said “sometime in 3 months” then I understand why it would be right to give them a break. You get the difference?
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    about sums up the last couple posts
    yes

We used to live in a John Wayne society

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    They did say something like “in 10 days”. Usually that means you have everything ready and probably just waiting for assembly/package to arrive/receiving it back from anodizing etc. Its reasonable to expect something, literally in days, no matter what is happening in the world.

On the other hand if they said “sometime in 3 months” then I understand why it would be right to give them a break. You get the difference?
    IRG already has a lower receiver prototype which means NDS has done its part, they’re just waiting on PWS to provide the upper.

The problem is that PWS has an unprecedented amount of demand right now. They have so many products and American contracts to fulfill, you cannot expect them to focus on a Canadian project right now. Imagine if ATRS was still making rifles and some people out in England wanted to buy some. Would you be happy if ATRS let the English people cut in front of us? So why do you expect PWS to prioritize us foreigners over their own national demand? They do not have the time to make prototype uppers for Canadians right now.

As for the predictions, their initial date was set for Thanksgiving 2020. The worst election in US history occurred 3 weeks before that.

IRG explained that due to the high demands, they must delay the project at least until the new year. And after what happened during this past week, it’s safe to say the demand is not coming down any time soon and the project will be delayed until further notice.

At this point, no news is good news.

IRG already has a lower receiver prototype which means NDS has done its part, they’re just waiting on PWS to provide the upper.

The problem is that PWS has an unprecedented amount of demand right now. They have so many products and American contracts to fulfill, you cannot expect them to focus on a Canadian project right now. Imagine if ATRS was still making rifles and some people out in England wanted to buy some. Would you be happy if ATRS let the English people cut in front of us? So why do you expect PWS to prioritize us foreigners over their own national demand? They do not have the time to make prototype uppers for Canadians right now.

As for the predictions, their initial date was set for Thanksgiving 2020. The worst election in US history occurred 3 weeks before that.

IRG explained that due to the high demands, they must delay the project at least until the new year. And after what happened during this past week, it’s safe to say the demand is not coming down any time soon and the project will be delayed until further notice.

unfortunately this

CGN frequent flyer

Fingers crossed NDS is able to keep churning out receivers so that the bottle necks moves on to being the uppers not the lowers.

While I appreciate the desire for a 180 platform that does better than the WS-MCR and WK180C platforms this is a very clear reason why we need to buy Canadian, we just cannot ever trust that events will be in our favour to allow us to make purchases.

My honest hope is that ATRS (assuming they have to stop making their current products) and Black Creek Labs who already have the machinery & expertise are able to form a deal to start churning out WS-MCRs/WK180Cs as currently production cannot meet demand and from what I recall couldn't meet demand even before the OIC.

Obviously I hope the best for the NDS too.