Page 17 of 142 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: The new NR NoDak Spud NDS 18SC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    This is good news especially post OIC.

However I'm curious about this frt post OIC considering the attempted shadow ban via frt of other rifles....

The frt was issued after may 1st I assume but was in the works beforehand?
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    If this indeed a modified version the BRN-180, it will be limited to right side charging; however, the handle is more paddle like, acting as a brass deflector, like on the original AR-180, and you should be able to do an AK-style reach over if you're a lefty.
    As a righty, I’m pretty sure I’d be doing a left reach around at mag changes

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    The rifle will look very similar to this other than the furniture will be black Magpul MOE. The rifle will have an a Gen 2 gas piston upper with a 18.6" barrel, adjustable gas system and side charging.

There are also a number of updates to the upper in order for it to mate with the NR NoDak billet lower receiver.

The lower receiver is a sub compact hybrid of the original NR NDS 180. These receivers will not be compatible with the 180B platform.

PWS will be assembling and test firing the compete rifle prior to it being shipped to our facility to ensure the highest quality control.

We are currently working out the logistics in order to finalize a timeline and current pricing. We are currently looking somewhere around the 1400.00 USD mark delivered to Canada. Dealer enquires are also welcome.

Given the current market conditions and everything that is currently going on in the US we can expect a few delays but current forecasts are 60 to 90 days.

We should be able to update everyone later this week.

The IRUNGUNS Team
    Commercial or milspec tube ?

If it isn't finalized yet, please get PWS to put their enhanced buffer tube on it, if it must have an AR-15 buffer tube.

Or at least assembled in a way that removing and installing this is an option

https://www.primaryweapons.com/product-url-6667

Also, looking at NDS's site, they have a more compact version of their AR-180B replacement billet receiver that actually mates with the Brownell's (PWS) BRN-180 upper.

This gun will likely look very similar with the exception of the AR-15 upper/lower mating cut. I hope the back part near the buffer tube will look nicer though.

https://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-1815.htm

Last edited by kapanak; 09-23-2020 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zak88 View Post
    As a righty, I’m pretty sure I’d be doing a left reach around at mag changes
    Yep, just watched the brownells video and that’s what it looks like. That dogleg charging handle looks pretty reachable with the L hand though.

Im going to make mine look similar to this. Im in love whit the sig stock
    https://imgur.com/r/ar15/4rQL4FW

Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Yep, just watched the brownells video and that’s what it looks like. That dogleg charging handle looks pretty reachable with the L hand though.
    Treat it like a Valmet, Type81 or VZ58. Lock it in your shoulder and under hand slap it.

Quote Originally Posted by kapanak View Post
    This gun will likely look very similar with the exception of the AR-15 upper/lower mating cut. I hope the back part near the buffer tube will look nicer though.

https://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-1815.htm

Speculation, but if kapanak is correct, and the SC is similar to the 1815 then we will get a familiar AR style bolt release making mag changes a breeze without having to do any over/underhand slap theatrics with the charging handle. This would make me very happy!

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Of course there is hype with everything, that goes without saying. All three owners, Mike from NDS, Dean from PWS and Jason from IRUNGUNS are working on this project together.

From a manufacturing standpoint this rifle is nothing short of amazing and will set the standard for years to come. The hard work is done, we have a non restricted FRT that was issued after the OIC.

Our goal is to have everything in place before Thanks Giving.

Even if there is a small delay, it will definitely be worth the wait.

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Is this American Thanks giving or real thanks giving...? lmao. Honestly cannot wait. Ill have my credit card at the ready to scoop one up asap

Tagged for interest
    "What do you mean I can't buy a machine gun"