Page 27 of 221 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232425262728293031323334353747 ... LastLast

Thread: Sold OUT: TYPE 81 LMG

Any ideas why TI doesn't do pre-sale like they did for the last batch of 81s? Seems more logical to have anyone who is interested put money down now and avoid the panic buying / system crash the next time they land a batch?

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Hermann View Post
    Any ideas why TI doesn't do pre-sale like they did for the last batch of 81s? Seems more logical to have anyone who is interested put money down now and avoid the panic buying / system crash the next time they land a batch?
    If I remember even the presales shut systems down.

Will be waiting for the second run... Well done TI... We should get rid of this tread, so Type 81 or this doesn't make into another damn list...
    Last edited by aakoksal; 09-17-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedGinger View Post
    If I remember even the presales shut systems down.
    Somewhere out there an IT guy just got a shiver down his spine....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Because they know from the previous Type 81 sales that no pre-order is needed, that demand is such they will sell whatever they bring in.

CGN Regular
    Is it a bad sign that when I click the check order status link, the TI website can't find my order number?

CGN frequent flyer thunderflash's Avatar
    Only saw this today -- ya I know slack. --- But, Great on You Tactical Imports!!!
    "Rifles are better than handguns for fighting. The primary purpose for a handgun is ,to fight your way to a Rifle that you should NOT have put down in the first place " ------- Clint Smith- Owner/ Instructor; Thunder Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Because they know from the previous Type 81 sales that no pre-order is needed, that demand is such they will sell whatever they bring in.
    Granted, which makes pre-orders that much more sense business wise. For argument sake lets say they bring in 500 more rifles and pre-sell them at $1500.00 each that would give them cash flow of $750,000 to then pay their vendor and have the money in the bank ahead of time. If the market was not so hot it would be hard to convince people to part with all of their money ahead of time on a product with no defined delivery date. Whatever I am getting off in the weeds on this. Happy TI landed them and hope everyone who got them enjoys the heck out of them. More semi-autos in Canadians hands is a good thing all around.

I am curious what method was used to reduce the drum mags to 5 rounds. I haven't seen an answer to that yet in this thread.

Lol well thats no fun, biggest impulse buy ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mr83g0n3 View Post
    Are the barrels threaded on these? What's the thread pitch?
    TI do you know? It would be pretty cool if it could accept 14.5mm LH AK brakes.