Page 193 of 221 FirstFirst ... 173183185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201203213 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2207

Thread: Sold OUT: TYPE 81 LMG

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soheipp View Post
    I wish we had a way to register and search stolen serial numbers in a database so when purchasing from people you can quickly search to see if the firearm is clean or not.
    We do and always have....

http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/searchformproperty.cfm

Provided it was reported stolen.

Why exactly do you distrust any of the normal ways to ensure consumer protection?

Do you require more?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    We do and always have....

http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/searchformproperty.cfm

Provided it was reported stolen.

Why exactly do you distrust any of the normal ways to ensure consumer protection?

Do you require more?
    I'm new to this hobby. Didn't know that existed. Now I do. Thanks. I dont distrust normal ways of ensuring consumer protection. Not sure where you got that from but whatever.

I understand the gun is legally owned. I don't get the registered part of the story.

CGN frequent flyer
    People who do not store firearms securely do us all a diservice and play right in to the hands of anti gunners. I can't help but think they should be charged....

Dang! I see why you all would be questioning that! Was there ever any closure on this story?

Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    People who do not store firearms securely do us all a diservice and play right in to the hands of anti gunners. I can't help but think they should be charged....
    Yeah, blame the victim. You're just as bad as the Liberals blaming us for gun violence.

I don't post often but you're out of line. I'm sure you'd have a different opinion if this happened to you. Charge him for breaking no law, give me a break...

CGN frequent flyer
    He would not be a victim if he had stored his firearm more securely. A bag and a trigger lock is not going to deter a thief....

We'll have to agree to disagree. I just hope you take a minute to reevaluate your thinking because it could be applied poorly to a lot of different scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    He would not be a victim if he had stored his firearm more securely. A bag and a trigger lock is not going to deter a thief....
    An assumption on your part.

How do you know the gun wasn't inside a locked room inside a locked house? Nowhere in the press release states the manner in which the gun was stored except that it was in a bag.

I have deadbolts on my gunroom. 5-10min of kicking will probably still get you in.

Quote Originally Posted by Niggles View Post
    Yeah, blame the victim. You're just as bad as the Liberals blaming us for gun violence.

I don't post often but you're out of line. I'm sure you'd have a different opinion if this happened to you. Charge him for breaking no law, give me a break...
    He's not wrong. It's every gun owners responsibility to make sure that things are stored safely and securely. This was safe but not secure. If he had it in a cabinet or safe, its less likely this would be a news article.

They are deterents more than anything. Thieves want to be in and out as quickly and quietly as possible. The gun was practically gift wrapped for him.

Its the equivalent of locking your car with the windows down.