Page 216 of 221 FirstFirst ... 196206208209210211212213214215216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2207

Thread: Sold OUT: TYPE 81 LMG

Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    These are like $500 dollar rifles marked up to $1500 due to importation fees / cost / profit.........Anybody who ordered a LMG or a rifle version of a Type 81SA is a FOOL to expect a $1000+ build quality to the gun.
    Finally - a few who see the light...!
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

Quote Originally Posted by golferman View Post
    These rifles are crap, its sad what our country has come to. we have amazing talented manufacturers here that simply cant practice their craft because of politics and we are lowered to go ape poo poo for dollar store quality hardware, this is a sad, sad time for our nation. I'm a proud Canadian we are so much better than this. Friends we need to keep fighting for our rights.
    I agree it is a sad time for gun owners and manufacturers in Canada and I’m all for fighting for our rights. And Yes, the fit and finnish on these type 81’s may be sub par when compared to North American Firearms but most people who ordered one were already aware of this. However, these LMG’s are getting reasonable accuracy with the heavier barrels and if you do a little research, there are claims that they can fire 15,000 rounds on average before needing any major overhauls. This is considerably better than many North American manufactured firearms that have a pretty exterior. These LMG’s are also an improvement over the most popular firearm on the planet: the AK-47 Kalashnikov, smoother firing, better accuracy, better longevity. So unless you have taken at least two of them, put them through the wringer and had premature catastrophic failure, I don’t think you have the right to label them “crap”. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by 1stGen; 10-30-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Calling them crap sounds like someone can't afford one or missed out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    These are like $500 dollar rifles marked up to $1500 due to importation fees / cost / profit and that is well within Tactical Imports right. Anybody who ordered a LMG or a rifle version of a Type 81SA is a FOOL to expect a $1000+ build quality to the gun.
    hmmmm? so conversely, what do you call someone who buys one and accepts the lesser build quality? a BIGGER FOOL?

didnt you buy one?

Like it or not, our market for semi-autos is in a very bad state.. not much choice and availability will lead to high prices for those limited options that we still have. I'm not an AR guy, but I'd like to have an authentic 5.45 AK.. but none of us, AR or AK guys will get what we want, lol. So we can either pay a premium price and enjoy what we can or just pass I prefer to have fun with what's available.. being a hater is just not my thing

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Calling them crap sounds like someone can't afford one or missed out.
    Agree 100%. If the Haters don't like the T81, just move on to the next thread....
    Member:CCFR & CPC

Quote Originally Posted by sdizzyday View Post
    Agree 100%. If the Haters don't like the T81, just move on to the next thread....
    This thread went from pure hype to hate in 15 seconds flat... I quite enjoy shooting my phosphate version. It may not be as pretty and durably finished as my DD4M4 but for $1500, its still much more interesting than just about anything sub 3-4k and its pretty fun and cost effective to shoot.

Don't worry, you guys will get your chance to buy one on the next shipment..

Quote Originally Posted by sdizzyday View Post
    Canadians just love to moan and complain.

I could give you a whole Ted talk here and babble on about why the Type 81 is a superior platform to the AK47, but I'll just give you a quick summary:

The only reason why the Type 81 is relatively unknown is due to the US import ban and difficulty in Europe competing with locally sourced rifles (AK & VZ stuff). The Type 81 doesn't export well due to its incompatibility with AK parts. It however has been picked up by a number of smaller 3rd world armed forces, where it's been regarded as a quality piece of machinery. It's been used heavily all over in Africa and South Asia and folks there reportedly love it.

The Type 81 (fit and finish quality aside) is a superior design to that of the AK47. The receiver is a little bit more closed up (no need for big dust cover/safety combo) while also having the receiver be slightly longer to prevent the bolt carrier group from smashing into the rear end of the receiver which causes harmonic disruption of the rifle (the smashing makes it even louder to shoot, even when suppressed). All the AKs I've fired in free countries have had this issue. My WK180c also has the same issue with the bolt smashing into the rear of the receiver. Because of this, (and a number of other improvements) the Type 81 is significantly more controlable and comfortable to use under rapid-fire/full-auto usage.

The Type 81 is a fantastic design, and Canadians here seem to being doing what they do best, which is complaining, crying and demeaning something that they don't understand.

Yes, it would be fantastic if we could have US pricing up here. But unfortunately we live in a country that lacks the fundamental freedoms that our neighbours enjoy. We also have a petro-dollar in a country where people hate the energy sector... no wonder we pay more for stuff. I'm just grateful that I can pay ANY amount of money to own one of these.

If the boys down south had these in larger numbers (or were featured in a Bruce Willis film) these would be banned here. Their relative obscurity is the only reason we may own them.
    Last edited by esotericism; 10-30-2020 at 03:19 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Reality Appears to be Subjective

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    These are like $500 dollar rifles marked up to $1500 due to importation fees / cost / profit and that is well within Tactical Imports right. Anybody who ordered a LMG or a rifle version of a Type 81SA is a FOOL to expect a $1000+ build quality to the gun.

In reality, we all know why we may want one of these or why we have already bought one.... Cus they are novel, and they are cool. There is no fixed rate price tag to that.
    When 1000's of people have one opinion and you are the only one with another - maybe think about it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    hmmmm? so conversely, what do you call someone who buys one and accepts the lesser build quality? a BIGGER FOOL?

didnt you buy one?
    .Desperate. lol Desperate to scratch that AK itch.
    Just saying it how it is.....