Page 194 of 221 FirstFirst ... 174184186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202204214 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2207

Thread: Sold OUT: TYPE 81 LMG

As Karnage stated we don't know the circumstances of the theft.

Ultimately, the only blame should be placed on the POS theif for their actions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soheipp View Post
    I'm new to this hobby. Didn't know that existed. Now I do. Thanks. I dont distrust normal ways of ensuring consumer protection. Not sure where you got that from but whatever.
    No worries. Those of us that have been around a while get a bit sensitive when the registry word gets thrown around.

CGN frequent flyer
    The news story clearly says "stored in a firearm bag, has a locking mechanism on it to prevent the trigger from being pulled."

This clearly does not meet the legal requirement https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...html#h-1019943

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device,

(ii) rendered inoperable by the removal of the bolt or bolt-carrier, or

(iii) stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into

Firearms ownership bears with it a great responsibility for safety and security. When people do not meet this responsibility it harms all of us who do go above and beyond the requirements by having locked rooms, gun safes, security systems etc. Is it any wonder that Toronto wants to ban handguns? Forgive the pun but we are literally shooting ourselves in the foot when we allow these things to happen.

Actually it does meet the legal requirements.

It was unloaded and rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device.

Only 1 condition of subsection (b) must be met along with (a).

There's a big difference between "and" and "or".

Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    The news story clearly says "stored in a firearm bag, has a locking mechanism on it to prevent the trigger from being pulled."

This clearly does not meet the legal requirement https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...html#h-1019943

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device,

(ii) rendered inoperable by the removal of the bolt or bolt-carrier, or

(iii) stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into

Firearms ownership bears with it a great responsibility for safety and security. When people do not meet this responsibility it harms all of us who do go above and beyond the requirements by having locked rooms, gun safes, security systems etc. Is it any wonder that Toronto wants to ban handguns? Forgive the pun but we are literally shooting ourselves in the foot when we allow these things to happen.
    Did this clown talk about “great responsibility” and don’t even understand simple unrestricted storage. What a joke.

Sorry To interupt your debate on safe storage, but does anybody know if a spare parts kit will be included in the "next shipment".
    Freedom Isn't Free.

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to open a can of worms by posting the article. I just thought it was crazy how someone dropped almost $2000 on a rifle and for it to be stolen pretty much right away.
    There's a difference between living and living free...

Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    People who do not store firearms securely do us all a diservice and play right in to the hands of anti gunners. I can't help but think they should be charged....
    Hey all.
    I just made a new account to clarify a few things that I have already told the police and my lawyer and have already been corroborated. What I am willing to say is that the police have conducted a public safety warrant and I still currently have all my firearms (well, all except one). Based offf that, it is determined I am in full and beyond required compliance with my collection.

Secoondly, the firearm was stolen from the vehicle at the same time as I was packing it / doing things around the house. The law is transport and I abide by the transport law, not the "Storage in a car" law unless given no other options (ie travelling or staying in a motel or camping, etc)

When I was on my back plot of land, the person (who may or may noot have been watching / following me) came right onto my property to take the firearms, a rifle stock, and the ammo / magazine from my locked vehicle. This occurrred the morning of the incident as I was going to the range while it was still dark.

This is the only thing I'm willing to share for a few reasons and am not going to respond to anything else associated with this account. Thank you all for knowing that there is a secoond side of the story and frankly, I care much less aboot the $2000 firearm (or even frickin' up to $2500 on the EE now? like what??????) or the other things stolen than I do for the knowledge that another unrestricted """weapon of war-like""" firearm is out on the streets. Luckily, no ammo that can fit in that gun was stolen but 7.62x39 isn't exactly the hardest thing to find...

Quote Originally Posted by TA 81 View Post
    Hey all.
    I just made a new account to clarify a few things that I have already told the police and my lawyer and have already been corroborated. What I am willing to say is that the police have conducted a public safety warrant and I still currently have all my firearms (well, all except one). Based offf that, it is determined I am in full and beyond required compliance with my collection.

Secoondly, the firearm was stolen from the vehicle at the same time as I was packing it / doing things around the house. The law is transport and I abide by the transport law, not the "Storage in a car" law unless given no other options (ie travelling or staying in a motel or camping, etc)

When I was on my back plot of land, the person (who may or may noot have been watching / following me) came right onto my property to take the firearms, a rifle stock, and the ammo / magazine from my locked vehicle. This occurrred the morning of the incident as I was going to the range while it was still dark.

This is the only thing I'm willing to share for a few reasons and am not going to respond to anything else associated with this account. Thank you all for knowing that there is a secoond side of the story and frankly, I care much less aboot the $2000 firearm (or even frickin' up to $2500 on the EE now? like what??????) or the other things stolen than I do for the knowledge that another unrestricted """weapon of war-like""" firearm is out on the streets. Luckily, no ammo that can fit in that gun was stolen but 7.62x39 isn't exactly the hardest thing to find...
    So you left your gun in your car unattended for the night?

Wow....

Presumably unlocked as any modern car in the last 20 year is going to start wailing from anti theft measures the moment you either bust a window or try to force open the door. You deserve to be charged with careless storage. You literally left the gun in an unlocked, unattended vehicle at 2:30 in the morning in the GTA no less, where car hopping is a common past time.

The "transport not storage " part is cute. If this ends up in front of a judge, youre going to be made an example of.

I would say good luck, but you are about to get exactly what is coming to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    So you left your gun in your car unattended for the night?

Wow....

Presumably unlocked as any modern car in the last 20 year is going to start wailing from anti theft measures the moment you either bust a window or try to force open the door. You deserve to be charged with careless storage. You literally left the gun in an unlocked, unattended vehicle at 2:30 in the morning in the GTA no less, where car hopping is a common past time.

The "transport not storage " part is cute. If this ends up in front of a judge, youre going to be made an example of.

I would say good luck, but you are about to get exactly what is coming to you.
    Can you read? He said that it was stolen early in the AM as he was packing it up and preparing to go to the range. God, sometimes I think there should be an IQ test before some are allowed to join this site

Also, you make me sick. How can you think its right to charge someone after he was victimized? Why should he be charged when someone else broke into his vehicle, and stole his possessions? You are a joke
    Collector of WW2 German firearms