Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tandemkross Upriser Chassis for Ruger PC Carbine in Stock!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish-Jack View Post
    Why do people want the angle to the dangle? I'm not into rifles much but isn't the current best principle in design to have the barrel in line with the shoulder stock? Why is there a reversion to older designs?
    The straight stock raises your cheek weld so that it is difficult to see through low mounted optics. if you are happy with a high mount red dot or something similar the straight stock will do just fine but if you like your cheek weld more in line with the bore axis the angled stock will fit you better. Aesthetically the angled stock does look a little funky but most people will prefer function over form.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    I run the angled stock on mine. It’s not awkward at all. It actually makes for a very nice cheek wield with either a low mount red dot or the factory barrel sights. Due to it being 9mm recoil is practically non existent so the barrel height makes no difference. At first I was against it cause it does look wrong but once you shoot it it all makes sense.
    I too run the angled, with a Holosun 510c for PCC in IPSC. The cheek weld is perfect for it and really helps with quick target acquisition. I too thought it was funky at first, but now I really do think it adds an advantage of having a way better cheek weld and not needing a cheek riser to get a good view position on the optic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123