Thread: Question about SKS parts

Question about SKS parts

This might sound weird but I just completed my CFSC and restricted CFSC and one thing I forgot to ask the instructor was the following:

If say I wanted to purchase SKS parts prior to obtaining my PAL or a friend without a PAL wanted to buy me some part or accessory as a gift, which parts are not considered to be a firearm?

Is only the barreled receiver considered to be a firearm?

What about the serialized bolt and bolt carriers and stuff like that? Any other serialized part?

I ask because I would like to buy spare parts ahead of time and just to further understand the law surrounding what is the controlled part of a firearm basically. I was talking about the experience of the CFSC with a friend and he asked me this and I was angry that I wasn’t able to answer him confidently...

Another thing we didn’t really discuss much in the course was ammunition ownership. The instructor mentioned you need a PAL to purchase ammunition that seemed straightforward. What about if you and your partner share the same car and you forget some ammunition in the car after a range day and then she is driving the same car without a PAL?

Thanks!

receiver is the firearm, the rest of the parts dont require a pal.

You can have ammo with out a licence, Mind you in Ont, I would clean the car out
    And I would not be buying a SKS with out a bolt, unless it was damn cheap, mags, trigger group, stocks, sights etc don't matter, On a SKS it likely don't matter , lots of guns ,it does matter.
    The barrel itself you could buy with out a PAL