Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any news with the Renegade!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by LMG Stoner View Post
    <Snip>

Dose she Let you drive it lol. What was Jeep thinking��
    Yes, she does. 3 years ago, we had an ice storm; a huge, hollow soft maple tree top fell on her Elantra and my Liberty. She liked the liberty and since they don't make them anymore, she test drove the renegade; so did I; and we were impressed. Still are; zero maint other than oil changes; pleasure to drive, goes through anything, and is good on fuel. We would buy another, and if my old Commander ever gives out, I would consider one for myself.

I’ve been a Jeep fan for a long time from Cherokee to a modified Jeep TJ apex with a 4” lift love Jeep before they sold out and change there platform. old school Jeeps are for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by LMG Stoner View Post
    I’ve been a Jeep fan for a long time from Cherokee to a modified Jeep TJ apex with a 4” lift love Jeep before they sold out and change there platform. old school Jeeps are for me.
    My first was a two door Cherokee; I think it was a '71. 350 3 speed stick, manual front locking hubs, the thing may still running (it was a couple years ago), but the body is long gone! Mechanically bullet proof; so us my "unibody" commander, and so is the wife's little Renegade fiat. The 9 speed automatic feels like it is driven by an electric motor. I think it is an AISIN Transmission; as most jeeps do.

The Renegade Rifle is a nice idea; and from what I am seeing, may be better than Troy's, design wise. Thing is, I have a really nice AR parked now. I have seen the logic of the the liberals and the RCMP when it comes to classification; and reclassification. I bought the AR parts (many from TNA) to build a very fine rifle, knowing this was a possibility, to ensure I was "grandfathered" in, and it did not happen. I was careful shopping for components, and I ended up with one very accurate, 100% reliable (zero misfeeds, FTEs etc. with over 2000 mixed rounds including homeloads) rifle for <$750 Canadian all in. I am cautious; once bitten, twice shy.

It’s always good to be cautious, in these troubled times...

happy shooting

I'm very keen on building one in 7.62x35 myself. Both options are the market are going to see some nice innovated NR builds.
    Quote Originally Posted by MACH View Post
    Looks good! I went with FDE and .30 cal as well, just 7.62x35 instead of x39!

Hopefully I’m in that other 25% that I’m guessing will arrive at TNA this week? I can’t wait, It’d be nice if my armaspec buffer and aero tension screw show up at the same time so I can put it all together 100% at once instead of piece meal; oh and I guess I also hope that my set comes matching or close enough to not bother me....
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    btw LMG Stoner the build is HAWT, thanks for posting pics.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Thank you TNA (And the person who canceled their order for a receiver set)! My Renegade set came in and other than some messing with the retaining detents and springs, it went together all right. I have it ready to go now, but as I did more research, I found I wasn't as happy with the CTR and MIAD I initially picked up and after looking around I went for an SL-K and a K style grip... so Pics will have to wait until she is perfect!

Once again, my thanks TNA!

(PS I seriously recommend a captured buffer)

Here she is as promised, about 80% was purchased from TNA so go there to get your ARish necessities. Once again thanks for hooking up my late to the party-self TNA!

Only parts that didn't come from TNA are:
    Barrel/Bolt
    Grip
    SRS Buffer
    Tension Screw

(if you are on the fence and are building short, I highly recommend the K-style parts, if you have the length.

Any time frame for when you guys expect more receiver sets in?
    "The greatest evils of the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks. " - C.S. Lewis

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    Any time frame for when you guys expect more receiver sets in?
    Probably next week, or Friday if various celestial bodies are in alignment.
    We also have a few receivers built up with DPMS Oracle parts in stock now if you’re just looking for a basic build.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast