Thread: Question on PAL and ATT issue

Question on PAL and ATT issue

I have both Rpal and pal. I just purchased my first restricted firearms last week. I just picked it up yesterday. So the staff in the gun shop told me that the rcmp will send me another card with the build-in Att in my Pal card. I wasn't quite follow her that time. Is this true that when I got the new card, I don't need ATT to do the transportation(like from my home to range or gunsmith or shop).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankWang View Post
    I have both Rpal and pal. I just purchased my first restricted firearms last week. I just picked it up yesterday. So the staff in the gun shop told me that the rcmp will send me another card with the build-in Att in my Pal card. I wasn't quite follow her that time. Is this true that when I got the new card, I don't need ATT to do the transportation(like from my home to range or gunsmith or shop).
    Your new PAL will come with a piece of paper, on which is printed your ATT. Read it carefully, and then keep this ATT with your PAL. (I fold the paper to create a protective sleeve for the PAL; that way, they stay together.)

When you read it, CAREFULLY, you'll learn exactly which activities are covered by the ATT; if it isn't listed, it isn't covered.

Should you ever feel the need to do something else - meaning something that isn't listed - then you'll need to apply (to the respective CFO) for another (mission-specific) ATT.
    Last edited by Wendell; 09-20-2020 at 10:59 PM.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Your new PAL will come with a piece of paper, on which is printed your ATT. Read it carefully, and then keep this ATT with your PAL. (I fold the paper to create a protective sleeve for the PAL; that way, they stay together.)

When you read it, CAREFULLY, you'll learn exactly which activities are covered by the ATT; if it isn't listed, it isn't covered.

Should you ever feel the need to do something else - meaning something that isn't listed - then you'll need to apply (to the respective CFO) for another (mission-specific) ATT.
    Thanks! But when will I receive the new pal? I picked up my pistol last Saturday(Sep 19th, 2020).

CGN frequent flyer FirearmsEnthusiast's Avatar
    It's also a good idea to wait for the registration certificate for the new firearm to arrive in the mail (takes 2-3 weeks depending on when RCMP prints the new run). Some people feel that the transfer approval notice is sufficient, but I generally wait for the physical certificate as well.
    Are you saying I'm a "gun nut"? I prefer the term "Firearms Enthusiast"...

Quote Originally Posted by FirearmsEnthusiast View Post
    It's also a good idea to wait for the registration certificate for the new firearm to arrive in the mail (takes 2-3 weeks depending on when RCMP prints the new run). Some people feel that the transfer approval notice is sufficient, but I generally wait for the physical certificate as well.
    So, if I want to go to the range recently, but I have not received the new pal, can I go there with my restricted firearms and the approval notice?

So, if I want to go to the range recently, but I have not received the new pal, can I go there with my restricted firearms and the approval notice?
    What does your ATT say?

Shawn
    Last edited by shawn; 09-22-2020 at 02:39 AM.

CGN frequent flyer FirearmsEnthusiast's Avatar
    It's not the new PAL that I referred to - it's the registration certificate that you have to also have with you, along with your PAL and any terms/conditions on the paper that may come with your PAL...
    Are you saying I'm a "gun nut"? I prefer the term "Firearms Enthusiast"...