CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campro Bullets Just Landed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehenrybell View Post
    If Campro primer is as soft as federal, I'll go for it.
    You wish! Hell, I wish!

I topped up with a few these Ginex primers. In the past, my revolvers wouldn't set them off reliably (that's my personal Federal comparison) but YMMV. Other than that they should be GTG. There was 88K when I ordered yesterday and now there's only 12K (but they may have more in the back).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've found that the CamPro HBWC for .357/38spl are definitely smaller in diameter than the other bullets of this style I have used. The CamPro ones tend to sink into the case if I'm not careful while reloading.
    "The stuff comes and goes. Just buy it cheap and stack it deep." - CGN member gushulak on ammo
    "If you're limp wristing you aren't hitting anything anyway so it makes no difference if the gun fails." - CGN member Kidd X on Glocks

they got to start making 50Ae...
    CSSA member since 2011. CCFR member since Apr. 2016
    check my Youtube videos out at http://www.youtube.com/user/dakotamar

No they are hard and most revolvers won’t set them off

Top-up received, 3 business days from order to doorstep.

Last edited by 4n2t0; 09-29-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wraith012 View Post
    That was my initial thought but when all the other bullets fit the brass and one doesn't, caliper revealed it was undersized. Never had that problem before but scrapped it and moved on. 10 out of a bag of 500 isn't all that bad although it through me off. I only use CamPros for 9mm these days and I'll still buy those.
    Other important question is: were they the same as the calibre packaging they were packed in?

A few years back, a box of .45 ACP had a few .38's and .40's in it, 6 or so out of 500 and the significant size difference stood out by feel since it was the only ammo I used to reload at the time. They pack by weight and I ended up short by a few projectiles to finish my batch out of that box, but the extra here and there from previous batches made up the difference.

Aside from that packaging issue, I have never had any trouble out of the thousands I've gone through so far.

What were your caliper measurements?

Quote Originally Posted by DanOnymus View Post
    Other important question is: were they the same as the calibre packaging they were packed in?

A few years back, a box of .45 ACP had a few .38's and .40's in it, 6 or so out of 500 and the significant size difference stood out by feel since it was the only ammo I used to reload at the time. They pack by weight and I ended up short by a few projectiles to finish my batch out of that box, but the extra here and there from previous batches made up the difference.

Aside from that packaging issue, I have never had any trouble out of the thousands I've gone through so far.

What were your caliper measurements?
    I didn't write my caliper measurements down, just noted that they were smaller than the majority in the bag. And I do stand corrected, they were two bags of 1000, not 500, 9mm and 38sp. Another CGNer made a good point....perhaps some other calibres got mixed in as they were both round nose. i didn't mix any up, that's for certain, and didn't think to measure for that. I have never had this issue with 9mm hp Campros but like one other CGNer in this string, did have to be careful with the Campro 38sp wadcutters to keep them from slipping down. They are a tad narrow compared to my hard lead wadcutters. And wow, are reloading supplies getting harder to find now!!
    Deeds not words

Quote Originally Posted by wraith012 View Post
    They are a tad narrow compared to my hard lead wadcutters.
    This is normal. Lead bullets have a tight fit in the bore to reduce/prevent leading up your barrel.

General information; Cowboy shooters (SASS) in the USA almost all use Federal small pistol primes, NONE to be found for them anymore.
    SO, put in strong hammer springs and use what you find.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VICIOUS View Post
    General information; Cowboy shooters (SASS) in the USA almost all use Federal small pistol primes, NONE to be found for them anymore.
    SO, put in strong hammer springs and use what you find.
    Or find a local guy with lots of Federal SPP and trade him for nice SRP primers (CCI 450, Fed Match).
    "The stuff comes and goes. Just buy it cheap and stack it deep." - CGN member gushulak on ammo
    "If you're limp wristing you aren't hitting anything anyway so it makes no difference if the gun fails." - CGN member Kidd X on Glocks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12