Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Henry Repeating Arms Makes Best-Selling Lever-Action List

Quote Originally Posted by Dodosmike View Post
    interesting. Can you upload a hi-rez pic of that? if I blow it up on my screen it gets fuzzy.

what exactly split?
    Sorry, that's the only picture I have of it. It split where the tab locks up. You can see the little black piece of the "pipe" that's angled up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by caiser soze 78 View Post
    This is my long time dream!!!!
    Yep, would be great but just realized I forgot, I want side load not the tube deal?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Sorry, that's the only picture I have of it. It split where the tab locks up. You can see the little black piece of the "pipe" that's angled up.
    How did it happen? Brass tube catch on something when it was out? Walk past something and catch the little tab (bent piece)?

I can't figure out how it would happen if it was inserted in the mag tube correctly. Doesn't appear to be a "discharge" incident.
    Don't piss into the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Dodosmike View Post
    How did it happen? Brass tube catch on something when it was out? Walk past something and catch the little tab (bent piece)?

I can't figure out how it would happen if it was inserted in the mag tube correctly. Doesn't appear to be a "discharge" incident.
    No, the tube is made from very thin "steel". Just the spring pressure from the inner tube and the recoil splits it. Very common on Big Boy rifles in all calibers. Don't take my word about it, check on the Henry Rifle forum. Many examples.

The known fact that the tube magazine splits on the Big Boy rifles. Mine split after only 83 rounds on my BBS in .44mag. There is a reason that the Canadian warranty depot carries lots of them in stock.

Wow, I have never seen that before. Thank you for sharing!

I hope you spoke with Anthony Imperato, he would have sent you a lot of Henry swag for your troubles. If you haven't, call him.

He personally guarantee's your 100% lifetime satisfaction.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Wow, I have never seen that before. Thank you for sharing!

I hope you spoke with Anthony Imperato, he would have sent you a lot of Henry swag for your troubles. If you haven't, call him.

He personally guarantee's your 100% lifetime satisfaction.
    Well when this happened, it was in March. Pandemic central. I called the Canadian warranty center. They told me to e-mail a request for a new magazine tube to make it official (with the purchase receipt). I did, and the very next day they closed until further notice. After 6 weeks they re-opened and I contacted them again and they promptly sent me the tube. I didn't call the USA HQ.

CGN Regular
    I had one of their .22 lever actions and the rifling was all chattered, very disappointed ended up selling it. Considering what you pay for these things quality should be nothing less than superb. Most guns these days have undesirable quality issues. Would be considered junk by historical standards.

CGN Regular

My Henry 44mag mares leg

The known fact that the tube magazine splits on the Big Boy rifles. Mine split after only 83 rounds on my BBS in .44mag. There is a reason that the Canadian warranty depot carries lots of them in stock.

My henry 44mag mares leg did the exact same thing. I was using S&B 240gr factory ammo when it did. I was able to drive it to Grech outdoors and they fixed it within the hour. That was more than 3 years ago.
    I love the sound that a law makes when I break it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Farris Bueller View Post
    My henry 44mag mares leg did the exact same thing. I was using S&B 240gr factory ammo when it did. I was able to drive it to Grech outdoors and they fixed it within the hour. That was more than 3 years ago.
    So what was the issue, crappy metal or thin metal, poor design? Either way it just confirms that I want a side load, not that they won't have issues. I hope it is good to go!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

My 45-70 now has 80 rounds through it and recoil is MUCH heavier than 44mag. No troubles to speak of... Will keep a keen eye on this. Did they increase the tube gauge on the 45-70??
    "People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know." Noam Chomsky

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast