Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Henry Repeating Arms Makes Best-Selling Lever-Action List

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Junction View Post
    Still waiting for my Henry X in 44 mag.... dang

Was told today it might be a WHILE, as Henry has shutdown operations because of covid.
    FFS
    They’re one of the best in the business with strong customer service and support and no anti gun nonsense. They’re a really cool company. Man that sounds like it’s gonna be great dofonally getting that one. There’s something about a lever action 44 that will never go out of usefulness.

Looking for a H006CS any around Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    The known fact that the tube magazine splits on the Big Boy rifles. Mine split after only 83 rounds on my BBS in .44mag. There is a reason that the Canadian warranty depot carries lots of them in stock.

On my 2020-made 45-70, it appears that area is reinforced.

Attachment 475048
    Attachment 475049
    Attachment 475050
    "People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know." Noam Chomsky

Own three Henry's, 22, 45 colt and 38-55, all great levers, not perfect by any means, I compare them to a Marlin but a bit nicer looking, they are smooth and reliable , fire heavy 300 grain ruger loads in my 45 colt with no issues in the mag tube, I did use warranty for a bent rear sight (in shipping) and what I though was a weaker than I liked extractor spring in one , I tried Canadain warranty contact last year and got the "you don't have an issue" send the rifle and we will look at it!......sorry I don't have time to send a rifle across the country for 3 weeks just for have a look, I use my rifles so no time for that, I called USA warranty and had replacement parts in my hand 12 days later!
    I will buy more Henry's but, they are starting to get priced out of their league! I have a chiappa 92 in 357 that is just as good if not better for refinement and fit/finnish and cheaper.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Buster95's Avatar
    Here is a pic of another broken tube magazine. Not mine. Maybe the slot in the tube need a little deburring.

Last edited by Buster95; 08-07-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    So what was the issue, crappy metal or thin metal, poor design? Either way it just confirms that I want a side load, not that they won't have issues. I hope it is good to go!
    The side load come with the same tube.

Henry experiences a competition vacuum when Marlin quality control imploded after the Remington takeover.
    Marlin competition might be back with a vengeance once the Ruger made Marlin leverguns hit the market if the quality is what we all hope it is.
    Henry still doesn’t make a levergun with a receiver loading gate.
    Many levergun fans want to see loading gates in the receiver of their rifles PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmedcin View Post
    Own three Henry's, 22, 45 colt and 38-55, all great levers, not perfect by any means, I compare them to a Marlin but a bit nicer looking, they are smooth and reliable , fire heavy 300 grain ruger loads in my 45 colt with no issues in the mag tube, I did use warranty for a bent rear sight (in shipping) and what I though was a weaker than I liked extractor spring in one , I tried Canadain warranty contact last year and got the "you don't have an issue" send the rifle and we will look at it!......sorry I don't have time to send a rifle across the country for 3 weeks just for have a look, I use my rifles so no time for that, I called USA warranty and had replacement parts in my hand 12 days later!
    I will buy more Henry's but, they are starting to get priced out of their league! I have a chiappa 92 in 357 that is just as good if not better for refinement and fit/finnish and cheaper.
    I’ll put my Chiappa 92 stainless Alaskan takedown levergun in 44 mag, 16” bbl up against any modern Henry ever made for quality and workmanship. Can’t wait for the new Ruger Marlin leverguns to hit the market

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmedcin View Post
    I’ll put my Chiappa 92 stainless Alaskan takedown levergun in 44 mag, 16” bbl up against any modern Henry ever made for quality and workmanship. Can’t wait for the new Ruger Marlin leverguns to hit the market

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss274 View Post
    Henry experiences a competition vacuum when Marlin quality control imploded after the Remington takeover.
    Marlin competition might be back with a vengeance once the Ruger made Marlin leverguns hit the market if the quality is what we all hope it is.
    Henry still doesn’t make a levergun with a receiver loading gate.
    Many levergun fans want to see loading gates in the receiver of their rifles PERIOD.
    Yes https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-...eel-side-gate/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast