Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Henry Repeating Arms Makes Best-Selling Lever-Action List

Henry Repeating Arms Makes Best-Selling Lever-Action List

Congrats.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...r-action-list/

The Henry Repeating Arms Lever Rifle ranked fifth in GunBroker.com’s annual ranking of most popular lever-action rifles in 2019. It ranked third in 2018, second in 2017 and occupied first place in 2016.The firearm is a steady performer for retailers using the services of the website and remains an enthusiast favorite.

The company offers too many different models to mention them all, including some spectacular tribute versions. All feature that timeless "Made in America or Not Made at All" craftsmanship the company is renowned for.

None of them break the bank, either, and the .30-30 Win. steel version with a round barrel is a prime example. MSRP is $922, and its tubular magazine has a five-round capacity. It has a 20" barrel with a brass bead for a front sight. Rifling twist rate is 1:12". The receiver is drilled and tapped for scope mounting. It and the barrel are blued.

The rear sight is a fully adjustable semi-buckhorn with a diamond insert. Wood is American walnut and overall length comes in at a nimble 39". It tips the scales at 7 lbs., and the rifle in this chambering is a traditional deer-hunting favorite.

The company also offers a brass-with-octagonal version if you’re looking for something a little flashier. Price goes up modestly to $1,017. Specifications are nearly identical, except the weight—up 1.3 pounds—and the brass buttplate, which is rubber on the other version.

The Henry Repeating Arms line that took fifth place includes lever actions in .45-70 Gov’t, All Weather, Color Casehardened, Brass Wildlife, Steel Wildlife and others. Bear in mind, however, the fact that three of the company’s other families of lever-actions made the top-10 list last year a strong indication that whatever the company offers, enthusiasts know the quality, appreciate the fair price and the understand lever actions will never go out of style.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Still waiting for my Henry X in 44 mag.... dang

Was told today it might be a WHILE, as Henry has shutdown operations because of covid.
    FFS
    Another wave of propaganda, and a new strain of BULLSHHT!!!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! -unknown

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    There seems to be some quality control issues with recent Henry model X according to the internet..
    What?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So if they can make the brass/octagon barrel/30/30, for that much how about a 16" barrel version in .44 mag for the same price, I would be in for one!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    So if they can make the brass/octagon barrel/30/30, for that much how about a 16" barrel version in .44 mag for the same price, I would be in for one!
    This is my long time dream!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Junction View Post

Was told today it might be a WHILE, as Henry has shutdown operations because of covid.
    FFS
    Shut down "again" or "still"? source?

I emailed them about three weeks ago and all lines were running, but shipping delayed, so availability is suffering.
    Don't piss into the wind

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    There seems to be some quality control issues with recent Henry model X according to the internet..
    That's not the only Henry model that has quality issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    That's not the only Henry model that has quality issues.
    6MT, can you please share this information....
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

The known fact that the tube magazine splits on the Big Boy rifles. Mine split after only 83 rounds on my BBS in .44mag. There is a reason that the Canadian warranty depot carries lots of them in stock.

Last edited by 6MT; 09-30-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    The known fact that the tube magazine splits on the Big Boy rifles. Mine split after only 83 rounds on my BBS in .44mag. There is a reason that the Canadian warranty depot carries lots of them in stock.

interesting. Can you upload a hi-rez pic of that? if I blow it up on my screen it gets fuzzy.

what exactly split?
    Don't piss into the wind

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast