- Wolverine Supplies
- Northern Elite
- Ellwood Epps
- Frontier Armoury
- P&D Enterprises
- Reliable Gun
- Wanstalls

Last edited:
These are fun guns! They need some trigger work but it's easy to do or an average joe gunsmith can tune it up cheap as parts aren't needed.

These carbines can be switched from right hand to left hand safety, also right hand to left hand case eject. With left hand eject you can install a brass catcher and never have to chase brass again.

Manufacturer sells pistol length barrels, yeah. You can also buy multi-caliber kits that are a simple barrel and bolt swap.

While TNW does seem to sell pistol length barrels in the USA, it seems unlikely a Canadian would have much luck ordering one. I've not tried for that part as I'm not interested in making my ASR 9mm 'restricted.' But I have tried to contact them several times, from two different email addresses in case my usual business email address gets directed to their 'Spam' folder. No replies so far after 15 months and 4 tries. All I want to order is a spare firing pin - managed to get a couple of spare takedown pins from HiCal so I don't need those any longer. It could be that TNW just doesn't want to talk to me, in particular, but from what I've read elsewhere it seems they generally aren't very good at communication. Maybe they're too busy filling orders to bother with support? If that's the case... well, it doesn't seem like part of a recipe for a long lasting company.

But I do like my TNW ASR very much. I've made a bunch of changes to it, the most significant in terms of basic function being the swap to a long flat-wire spring from Strike Industries, which cleared up the FTE/FTF problem nicely - something which had been a problem with subsonic 147gr 9mm. I may order a second one at some point, but will hold off a while longer waiting to see if the 'Lite' model makes it North as I'd like to run one with the left side bolt handle. That option seems to make more sense for a right-handed shooter.

Back
Top Bottom