Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: ++UPDATE Dec 22/ 21++ Kel Tec CMR-30 with Dlask Arms Barrel now NON-RESTRICTED !

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Morning guys. So, to answer the GSG-16 vs. CMR-30 stock pinning question. The GSG-16 is already non-restricted and therefore we simply swapped barrels and modified the 'stock' to maintain minimum OAL. There was no change of status needed. However. To change the status of a Restricted firearms the firearm cannot have been modified by reducing cutting, sawing blah blah to the rear portion of the gun. There is NO mention of swapping barrels to make it a longer OAL. We originally tried to come up with something more simple and user friendly to install :
    Now that a non-restricted CMR-30 can be purchased, does that change anything?

Does it get to play by the GSG-16 rules? Can you make a short barrel and permanently pin the stock in the extended position?

Keeps the OAL long enough, never has to change status....

If so, dibs first.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
    Now that a non-restricted CMR-30 can be purchased, does that change anything?

Does it get to play by the GSG-16 rules? Can you make a short barrel and permanently pin the stock in the extended position?

Keeps the OAL long enough, never has to change status....

If so, dibs first.
    I have done some verifications on CMR-30. Short answer from the lab is no. Pinning the stock will still get your reclassification request denied.
    Always looking for guns made 1890 or earlier - class doesn't matter, even prohibiteds.

Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    I have done some verifications on CMR-30. Short answer from the lab is no. Pinning the stock will still get your reclassification request denied.
    Not trying to beat a dead horse here... Just thinking out loud, forgive me.
    But you can buy a NR version now, right?
    So it doesn't need a re-classification. (or so I was thinking)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Not trying to beat a dead horse here... Just thinking out loud, forgive me.
    But you can buy a NR version now, right?
    So it doesn't need a re-classification. (or so I was thinking)
    The NR version that you can buy has the 3d printed extended stock.
    If you (second hand) buy a version that has the original stock with an insert glued in (pinned), the lab's view is that it is an unregistered restricted firearm. When such a firearm is found they tell you to you register it.
    If you then put a longer barrel from Dlask on it or the 3d printed stock, they will de-register it to NR.
    If you have the 'unregistered restricted' and want to quietly put on a longer barrel from Dlask or the 3d printed stock - that's absolutely fine.

To repeat for your original question - no, nothing is really changed, you cannot _pin_ the stock and have it count towards OAL on a CMR-30. This may not be consistent but you should know by now that consistency is not a thing for gun laws - or regulations - here.

Hope this helped?
    Always looking for guns made 1890 or earlier - class doesn't matter, even prohibiteds.

Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    The NR version that you can buy has the 3d printed extended stock.
    If you (second hand) buy a version that has the original stock with an insert glued in (pinned), the lab's view is that it is an unregistered restricted firearm. When such a firearm is found they tell you to you register it.
    If you then put a longer barrel from Dlask on it or the 3d printed stock, they will de-register it to NR.
    If you have the 'unregistered restricted' and want to quietly put on a longer barrel from Dlask or the 3d printed stock - that's absolutely fine.

To repeat for your original question - no, nothing is really changed, you cannot _pin_ the stock and have it count towards OAL on a CMR-30. This may not be consistent but you should know by now that consistency is not a thing for gun laws - or regulations - here.

Hope this helped?
    Barf. We live in a circus.

Barf. We live in a circus.
    Yup, with Liberal Borg clowns that are assimilating things faster than most Canadians can handle.
    Saying "Vote for Max" is telling everyone you're a Liberal without saying "I'm a Liberal."

Im in when is this happening? Or did I already miss the boat?

CGN Regular
    That boat has sailed...
    CSSA, CCFR member, former NFA member

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsguy338 View Post
    Im in when is this happening? Or did I already miss the boat?
    This is a 3.5 year old thread....

Necro ..
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”