Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: ++UPDATE Dec 22/ 21++ Kel Tec CMR-30 with Dlask Arms Barrel now NON-RESTRICTED !

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Correct. Regardless if we install the N/R barrel it will still be transferred to the buyer as a Restricted firearm. You will be responsible for having it verified as N/R by someone of your choice and we suggest you make this arrangement BEFORE purchasing the rifle from us to save grief and frustration if you cannot find someone local to you that is willing to do this. According to the law you have 30 days after making a change to a firearm to have it verified and report the changes made.
    Damn that’s unfortunate, kinda defeats the purpose of buying a full NR rifle other than the install labor.

Tagged

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    Damn that’s unfortunate, kinda defeats the purpose of buying a full NR rifle other than the install labor.
    Exactly. If DLASK is installing them why not just get them all verified in a batch since theyre already in the industry and have the means to do dozens at a time.
    f:P

Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    Incorrect, I think you're missing the point of the exercise. The main issue is that the RCMP refuse to issue and FRT for this N/R rifle as a child of the Restricted rifle. They are insisting on having us send a sample in to have them do a full inspection which was quoted as taking 14-16 months. This is pure, unadulterated crap. I explained that the ONLY thing we did to the rifle was manufacture a new, longer barrel that takes the OAL to just past the 26" threshold to be N/R. I took clear pictures proving the measurements against the original and still they insist on wasting everyone's time, money and energy to re-inspect a gun they have already inspected. Thus my remedial maths class quip since all they have to do is add the original 16" barrel length with 3.75" which is how much longer the new barrel is. So easy I actually feel stupid explaining it. This is an accepted method of conversion, we do it all the time to rifles like the H&K USC and pistols like the P-08 Luger etc. They just simply refuse because they have the political backing from Mr. Man-Child to stone wall with impunity and no ombudsman to look into this nonsense. (My guess is they have a slightly more nefarious reason but I will keep that to myself.)

Unfortunately for them the FRT is not law and if a licensed verifier looks at the rifle and files the form to class it as N/R per the Criminal Code of Canada and the Firearms Act then too bad for them, it doesn't NEED an FRT. However, like the true gov't worker bees they are if there is no procedure to do something outside the box ,like this, then they stumble and mumble and say they cannot change the status because there is no FRT. The system needs and FRT number they scream ! What do I do they yell ! If you explain that there does not need to be an FRT as it is not law.....silence, while the hamster in their mind runs in a circle - does not compute, does not compute...

As long as a copy of the Verifier's Report is kept with the rifle to prove it has been filed then I am quite happy to treat the rifle as N/R and have fun with it as such. This is by NO MEANS legal advice, it is simply how I see it. At the end of the day, as long as it is N/R per all of the CC and FA rules - then that's what it is, period.

If people across the country start sending in Verifier's Report then it becomes the power of numbers. This is why I want people to find a local person that is a licensed Verifier to change the status. If one person (Me) does all the guns then they could refute it possibly and cause trouble. But if many different people from many different cities across the country file the exact same N/R report, well, that's something they can't ignore. And it helps lend credence to just how convoluted and sh***ty our system is.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Any update on these?

Quote Originally Posted by flipincanadian View Post
    Any update on these?
    Sort of. Barrels back from turning. Once the B&T run is done (this week) these are next.

End of update.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Sort of. Barrels back from turning. Once the B&T run is done (this week) these are next.

End of update.
    Oh man, I wish I was better at saving money. Between getting a new pointer pup and second vehicle, I feel like I'm probably gonna miss out on these. Part of me kinda hopes the project gets pushed back until I got the funds... Are the barrels themselves still projected to cost ~$300? Figure I might as well snag one and worry about the rest later.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

Incorrect, I think you're missing the point of the exercise. The main issue is that the RCMP refuse to issue and FRT for this N/R rifle as a child of the Restricted rifle. They are insisting on having us send a sample in to have them do a full inspection which was quoted as taking 14-16 months. This is pure, unadulterated crap. I explained that the ONLY thing we did to the rifle was manufacture a new, longer barrel that takes the OAL to just past the 26" threshold to be N/R. I took clear pictures proving the measurements against the original and still they insist on wasting everyone's time, money and energy to re-inspect a gun they have already inspected. Thus my remedial maths class quip since all they have to do is add the original 16" barrel length with 3.75" which is how much longer the new barrel is. So easy I actually feel stupid explaining it. This is an accepted method of conversion, we do it all the time to rifles like the H&K USC and pistols like the P-08 Luger etc. They just simply refuse because they have the political backing from Mr. Man-Child to stone wall with impunity and no ombudsman to look into this nonsense. (My guess is they have a slightly more nefarious reason but I will keep that to myself.)

Unfortunately for them the FRT is not law and if a licensed verifier looks at the rifle and files the form to class it as N/R per the Criminal Code of Canada and the Firearms Act then too bad for them, it doesn't NEED an FRT. However, like the true gov't worker bees they are if there is no procedure to do something outside the box ,like this, then they stumble and mumble and say they cannot change the status because there is no FRT. The system needs and FRT number they scream ! What do I do they yell ! If you explain that there does not need to be an FRT as it is not law.....silence, while the hamster in their mind runs in a circle - does not compute, does not compute...

As long as a copy of the Verifier's Report is kept with the rifle to prove it has been filed then I am quite happy to treat the rifle as N/R and have fun with it as such. This is by NO MEANS legal advice, it is simply how I see it. At the end of the day, as long as it is N/R per all of the CC and FA rules - then that's what it is, period.

If people across the country start sending in Verifier's Report then it becomes the power of numbers. This is why I want people to find a local person that is a licensed Verifier to change the status. If one person (Me) does all the guns then they could refute it possibly and cause trouble. But if many different people from many different cities across the country file the exact same N/R report, well, that's something they can't ignore. And it helps lend credence to just how convoluted and sh***ty our system is.
    Is verification a legal requirement? If the gun meets the definition of a non restricted firearm, how could one be charged with having a restricted? Wouldn't a call to the cfc to report changes be all that's required?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    I’m interested in these, like others I’m a bit confused. With the new barrel are you selling these as NR or R?
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Just got mine back today from a shop that verified it as NR for me. Have a few hundred rounds of 5 different types of ammo and a full case of Gryphon Energetics new Rimfire Binary Targets.

Yee-Yee !
    Have you submitted the verification result to the CFO yet? How long did it take them to respond with new classification?