Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: ++UPDATE Dec 22/ 21++ Kel Tec CMR-30 with Dlask Arms Barrel now NON-RESTRICTED !

Yes I agree, some parts may have been filler made it a bit long, but also some very cool info I didn’t know, thanks dlask. However now this generated a host of more questions. Lmao

Leigh, if you wanted our attention, you have it.

This will bring clarification to your false statements and fabricated criminal allegations.

The criminal code and the Canadian Firearms Program state that a rimfire rifle having a length greater than 26” or 660mm falls under the classification as NON RESTRICTED.

Although this being the case there is nothing outlining what is acceptable to the RCMP to achieve an overall length of 660mm.

Further clarification was sought through Specialized Firearms Support Services as to what is considered acceptable in achieving said length.

The following is an excerpt from detailed correspondence from Specialized Firearms Support Services outlining what is deemed as acceptable practice for the classification of overall length.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1184
Size:  44.6 KB

These rifles included a muzzle attachment and permanently restricting the collapsible stock to ensure that the rifle maintained an overall length of 660mm.

We kindly ask that you retract your false statements and allegations.

Govern yourself accordingly.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    So we were playing with a CMR-30 here and decided to make a new barrel for it to make the OAL to 26.25" meaning - Non-Restricted.

Unlike the ones brought into the country by another vendor as N/R that are actually not (because pinning the stock is not an accepted method per the RCMP SFSS) these are truly N/R.

Question is ; would there be interest in us producing more of these for sale or is this little unicorn just for me ? ( :

Against a factory CRM-30 :

Attachment 423008

Drop a fake can her and she'll brighten right up ! Voila !

Attachment 423010
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 10-10-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

*Pulls up chair*

definitely. where do
    i sign up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    I have the IRG version but I bought it used off the EE
    It has the muzzle attachment on it but I thought he previous owner had installed it, was wondering why someone would put a brake on a 22! Lol
    Now that I know it’s supposed to be on there I will make sure I won’t remove it as I had thought about doing so
    Thanks IRG for the info

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post

This will bring clarification to your false statements and fabricated criminal allegations.

The criminal code and the Canadian Firearms Program state that a rimfire rifle having a length greater than 26” or 660mm falls under the classification as NON RESTRICTED.

Although this being the case there is nothing outlining what is acceptable to the RCMP to achieve an overall length of 660mm.

Further clarification was sought through Specialized Firearms Support Services as to what is considered acceptable in achieving said length.

The following is an excerpt from detailed correspondence from Specialized Firearms Support Services outlining what is deemed as acceptable practice for the classification of overall length.

These rifles included a muzzle attachment and permanently restricting the collapsible stock to ensure that the rifle maintained an overall length of 660mm.

The IRUNGUNS Team
    thanks IRG, i love my legal NR cmr-30.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I’m a big Dlask fan but I’m pretty sure you could have posted your really interesting product option without throwing down a Gauntlet that didn’t need to be tossed.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post

The IRUNGUNS Team
    IRG,

I understand you may take this personally, it is not our intent. To be 100% honest I wasn't sure who it was that brought them in when I posted this. What I did know is what the RCMP SFSS (The Lab) told me when we started messing with the CMR to make it N/R. The reason being is that when we contacted the SFSS about adding our aluminum block stock limiter we spoke to two different senior lab technicians and were told that 'No, that is not allowed' and then they read off their interpretation of the law and why they were not going to let us do it. They then told us someone else had tried that, but they would not say who out of privacy concerns. They also said that the guns that were in Canada as N/R were now being assessed officially by The Lab and a determination is forthcoming but it didn't look promising because of the rules they quoted us. To date, (as of yesterday anyways), there is no FRT listing for a N/R CMR-30. While we understand an FRT number is not needed, nor is it law, it does pose a problem for anyone shooting a CMR-30 off of a range and happens to have the police run the gun through the system as it will show as Restricted. Our goal with all of this is to remedy that officially and get that N/R FRT for everyone.

Our two companies have enjoyed a good business relationship to date and I have personally purchased product through and been very happy with the service so please don't take it as an assault on your company. If you take it that way then I'm sorry, it was not meant to be so and this is an apology to that end.

Hope this eases your concerns,

Leigh
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    IRG,

I understand you may take this personally, it is not our intent. To be 100% honest I wasn't sure who it was that brought them in when I posted this. What I did know is what the RCMP SFSS (The Lab) told me when we started messing with the CMR to make it N/R. The reason being is that when we contacted the SFSS about adding our aluminum block stock limiter we spoke to two different senior lab technicians and were told that 'No, that is not allowed' and then they read off their interpretation of the law and why they were not going to let us do it. They then told us someone else had tried that, but they would not say who out of privacy concerns. They also said that the guns that were in Canada as N/R were now being assessed officially by The Lab and a determination is forthcoming but it didn't look promising because of the rules they quoted us. To date, (as of yesterday anyways), there is no FRT listing for a N/R CMR-30. While we understand an FRT number is not needed, nor is it law, it does pose a problem for anyone shooting a CMR-30 off of a range and happens to have the police run the gun through the system as it will show as Restricted. Our goal with all of this is to remedy that officially and get that N/R FRT for everyone.

Our two companies have enjoyed a good business relationship to date and I have personally purchased product through and been very happy with the service so please don't take it as an assault on your company. If you take it that way then I'm sorry, it was not meant to be so and this is an apology to that end.

Hope this eases your concerns,

Leigh
    Nice try...lol

Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    Nice try...lol
    An unnecessary comment.
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.