Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: ++UPDATE Dec 22/ 21++ Kel Tec CMR-30 with Dlask Arms Barrel now NON-RESTRICTED !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Its still a rimfire like the GSG16 so it shouldn't matter if the stock is pinned instead of having a longer barrel
    I'm sure the IRG version is perfectly legal and is honestly the better way to do it
    much rather have a shorter barrel but not be able to fully collapse the stock
    most people will use it with the stock extended anyway
    just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrawt View Post
    Its still a rimfire like the GSG16 so it shouldn't matter if the stock is pinned instead of having a longer barrel
    I'm sure the IRG version is perfectly legal and is honestly the better way to do it
    much rather have a shorter barrel but not be able to fully collapse the stock
    most people will use it with the stock extended anyway
    just my opinion
    The confusion is caused by this “ Unlike the ones brought into the country by another vendor as N/R that are actually not (because pinning the stock is not an accepted method per the RCMP SFSS) these are truly N/R.“

I'll buy one if it's under $1000

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapanese View Post
    Please let us know why a fixed stock GSG16 gets a pass but a pinned CMR wouldn't. I just want to make sure my GSG with your short barrel is good to go as an NR.
    I have this same question now. It seems to me that you have pinned the stocks on the gsg16 to make them NR with a short barrel, yet now you claim the pinned stocks on the "other" dealers guns are in fact NOT legally NR (which in itself seems odd, wouldn't they have issues importing them as NR guns if they're actually R guns? )
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Yes, count me in, I'll mail my rifle tomorrow even.
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

Following

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    .17 cal?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I have this same question now. It seems to me that you have pinned the stocks on the gsg16 to make them NR with a short barrel, yet now you claim the pinned stocks on the "other" dealers guns are in fact NOT legally NR (which in itself seems odd, wouldn't they have issues importing them as NR guns if they're actually R guns? )
    Bahahah right!!! Sales tactics is all this is.

22wmr

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    So we were playing with a CMR-30 here and decided to make a new barrel for it to make the OAL to 26.25" meaning - Non-Restricted.

Unlike the ones brought into the country by another vendor as N/R that are actually not (because pinning the stock is not an accepted method per the RCMP SFSS) these are truly N/R.
    So you are saying my CMR-30 from the other dealer is illegal? Why? Rimfire classification is based on overall length, not barrel length. I have owned the short barrel krinker plinker 10/22 kit that was also non restricted when the stock was pinned. Is there some law change or new internal policy at the lab cause I sure dont like the idea of being in possession of an unregistered restricted gun and I dont see how that would be the case.