Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: ++UPDATE Dec 22/ 21++ Kel Tec CMR-30 with Dlask Arms Barrel now NON-RESTRICTED !

BANNED
    Why not just modify the stock so that it can't collapse below legal length?

Definitely down for that. Money at the ready
    Forget defense, forget offence
    Conform to nonsense
    Welcome to Canada friends

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    It will be Expensive.....But FUN. I'm in.
    Play safe....dont put it on the Market till after the election !!!!!
    Willing to wait.
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    so In all is this a go or no go ...do we buy gun send to you folks ...or just buy the complete pack from you folks....how does this work
    Please let me know
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Quote Originally Posted by davide montini View Post
    so In all is this a go or no go ...do we buy gun send to you folks ...or just buy the complete pack from you folks....how does this work
    Please let me know

So the reason we cannot do this project as we had originally intended is multifold and complex but let me try to break it down as it has unfolded so far.....

The RCMP will NOT issue a new child FRT for the CMR-30 for a reason we suspect but obviously cannot confirm. This is why the Lab won't accept my verifier's report when I explained the gun is now N/R and we did it by manufacturing a new, longer barrel to take the rifle past the 660mm minimum limit required. They aren't dumb, just bullies that have an ideological government behind them to back them up and Minister Frowny-Face to blow smoke up the Lib-Tard sheep butts to make them feel all snuggly about how The 'Turd is keeping them and their children safe from us knuckle dragging gun nuts. It isn't because they genuinely need to inspect the rifle now since we only changed the barrel and added 3.75" to the length. It seems the SFSS is made up of folks that can't add as well as my 7 year old. He knows that 16" + 3.75" = 19.75". This 3.75" takes the rifle to just over 660mm and into N/R territory.

If we as a company buy the rifles and bring them in as Restricted then change the barrel and file a Verifier's Report saying that by ALL the regs and rules it is indeed N/R the RCMP will still have them listed in OUR inventory as 'limbo' guns that we need to account for during an inspection. (A *Limbo* gun is something that is between status change and on your inventory page of the RCMP website is highlighted in blue and has no status designation.) Is it still Restricted ? No of course not, but the registry will not change the status because they don't have an FRT entry for this particular gun to change it too. Should this kind of stonewalling be ILLEGAL for a PUBLICALLY paid for institution to do ? Of course but that doesn't mean they aren't doing it.

However, if we sold the barrel only and you guys either installed it or had a gunsmith install it and verify it as N/R would the flood of reports to the RCMP make them change their minds ? Hopefully, but not for sure. It's a chance you would have to take on your own. I will say one thing though that may help get it through and that is this :

Name:  CMR30 IRUN.JPG
Views: 455
Size:  44.6 KB

This letter to IRUN Guns states that by adding a simple break onto the end of the barrel takes it to N/R status so they tacitly agree that IF the gun was made longer (past 660mm) then there is no reason it cannot be N/R. Make sense ? Same way we know that adding to the barrel length will also make it N/R because it is an RCMP accepted method to change the status of a firearm : Luger P-08, CZ EVO Skorpion, H&K USC / UMP etc., we do this all the time with no troubles.

The issue as I personally think it is ? The heads of the SFSS and Minister Frowny-Face know that there are changes coming that may make the gun a prohib, period, and hence they don't want to let us turn the N/R so they 'disappear' into the Great N/R Unknown. It's much easier as Restricted to kick in doors for confiscation.

So. Who would be in to take a chance on buying just the barrel and having it verified to N/R at their own risk ?
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

good one thank you

CGN Regular
    How much would it be for just the barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Morning guys. So, to answer the GSG-16 vs. CMR-30 stock pinning question. The GSG-16 is already non-restricted and therefore we simply swapped barrels and modified the 'stock' to maintain minimum OAL. There was no change of status needed. However. To change the status of a Restricted firearms the firearm cannot have been modified by reducing cutting, sawing blah blah to the rear portion of the gun. There is NO mention of swapping barrels to make it a longer OAL. We originally tried to come up with something more simple and user friendly to install :

Attachment 423170

We made this nifty little block that screws between a slot under the Picatinny rail on the top which limits the stock movement. Once black Loctite has been applied this thing would need to be machined out to remove it. We asked the RCMP Lab if this was cool and were told flat out 'No', because of the rule I mentioned above, and that ended that idea. This kind of had us scratching our heads because this was exactly the same method of making the rifle N/R as what another company had done which is when were told "Why do you think they aren't bring more in if it was kosher with the RCMP ?" There is currently NOT an FRT number for a non-restricted CMR-30. I did however send the a Verification Report yesterday informing them of what we did to this rifle, along with the barrel length and OAL dimensions so hopefully a child entry will be forthcoming soon.

Taking a new approach we decided to make a new, longer barrel and just leave the back of the rifle alone. This is the same thing we do to change the status on any Restricted firearm and is seen as an acceptable method per the RCMP. The B&T's, USC's, P-08 Lugers, all short barreled hand guns etc. use a longer barrel to change their status from P to R or from R to N/R. Will this method be 'interpreted' as not allowed in the future ? Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of the Lab.

I know that some of you have perused the regs, criminal code and firearms act etc. and you think that navigating the 'interpretations' of the SFSS Lab is a breeze. 'Hey Dlask, why don't you just do this or that.....?' Seems easy, right ?

No, no it's not. Regardless of how smart you think you are or how many threads you've read on CGN it is NEVER that easy. This is why the general non-shooting public seldom, if ever, understand our frustration as a community. When you try to explain the inconsistencies and irregularities all brought on by vague rules, if you can call them that, and the ever changing 'interpretations' by the SFSS they just go glassy eyed and think you're making it all up as a gun toting crazy arse redneck. "There's NO way that's how it is, it makes NO sense !" they say. But, they're 100% wrong because the rules we have to follow are that messed up. And if our old friend JT gets re-elected in the next election it's going to get so much worse...

I digress, sorry.

So for those of you that say we are employing a 'sales tactic' or whatever, no we are not. These are the ridiculous rules made for us, the common serf, living in an RCMP / Libtard controlled gun world and we are forced to comply whether we have a common sense argument against them or not.

We cannot make a longer hand guard, sorry Mr. Files, simply because the body of the gun is an extrusion and we would need to sink serious dough into getting dies made to have our own extrusion to play with. Pretty sure Kel Tec isn't going to sell us some of theirs although since we are friendly with the official Canadian distributor I suppose I could ask....
    This is the kind of information you wait to see before throwing reputation destroying accusations against members of our own community folks!
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Point View Post
    How much would it be for just the barrel?
    We would estimate the barrel alone would be around the $300 mark. However, and it's a big however, we all know the 'States are gobbling up any and all firearms supplies faster than they can be produced. This means inevitably prices are going to rise. How much ? Don't know right now, time will tell I suppose. We would also offer installation & test firing on your CMR for an addition fee.

In the meantime however I have about 30 .22lr blanks on the shelf that I would turn to make the first batch. We have already done 2x rifles and they shoot, cycle and look great. If you guys express interest for the barrels we will maybe go ahead and whip these up.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    If I recall correctly you were saying that you already have the guns... So, can we buy them rebarrelled but still restricted? I'd be happy to take care of the de-registering bit myself.

P.S. and about those .17hmr barrels?
    Always looking for guns made 1890 or earlier - class doesn't matter, even prohibiteds.